House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Key Worker

Lads On The Bus/shoe Shine?

Just had to share this. A genuine conversation this evening on top of a London bus in the suburbs:

(Four young lads, 16 or 17-ish, discussing where they would like to live):

Blonde lad: Well I wouldn't RENT a house, I mean that's just money down the drain, like, all the money you spent on rent you could put it towards BUYING a place.

Other three lads: Yeah, right.

Dark lad: Only I wouldn't buy a place ON MY OWN.

Blonde lad: I WOULD, I mean, you're more likely to move in with a girlfriend or something, ain't yer?

Ginger lad: Well I would get MY MUM to come and cook for me.

Blonde lad: Yeah, but I'd like to get my mum and dad over, like invite them to dinner (BLESS HIM!)

Mousey lad: But I want a FLAT.

Blonde lad: What? You mean if you could buy a house you would still want a flat?

Mousey lad: Well...

Blonde lad: Nahh...I mean you want a house, don't yer? More SPACE.

Others (together): Yeah, more SPACE....

What did someone say about a shoe shine?

Edited by Key Worker

Just had to share this. A genuine conversation this evening on top of a London bus in the suburbs:

(Four young lads, 16 or 17-ish, discussing where they would like to live):

Blonde lad: Well I wouldn't RENT a house, I mean that's just money down the drain, like, all the money you spent on rent you could put it towards BUYING a place.

Other three lads: Yeah, right.

Dark lad: Only I wouldn't buy a place ON MY OWN.

Blonde lad: I WOULD, I mean, you're more likely to move in with a girlfriend or something, ain't yer?

Ginger lad: Well I would get MY MUM to come and cook for me.

Blonde lad: Yeah, but I'd like to get my mum and dad over, like invite them to dinner (BLESS HIM!)

Mousey lad: But I want a FLAT.

Blonde lad: What? You mean if you could buy a house you would still want a flat?

Mousey lad: Well...

Blonde lad: Nahh...I mean you want a house, don't yer? More SPACE.

Others (together): Yeah, more SPACE....

What did someone say about a shoe shine?

I feel sorry for the ginger lad.

I feel sorry for the ginger lad.

me too.

Must be hard looking like a carrot :D

(a joke! maybe not funny, but i am not gingerist. I am in love with Nicole Kidman after all)

Edit: damn chuz you is too quick!

Edited by iamconfusedagain

It's not ginger, it's auburn!

See! From dictionary.com:

4 entries found for auburn.

au·burn ( P ) Pronunciation Key (ôbrn)

A moderate reddish brown to brown.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Middle English, from Old French aborne, blond, from Latin alburnus, whitish, from albus, white. See albho- in Indo-European Roots.]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

auburn adj.

Au·burn ( P ) Pronunciation Key (ôbrn)

A city of eastern Alabama north-northeast of Tuskegee. It is the seat of Auburn University (founded 1856). Population: 33,830.

A city of west-central New York in the Finger Lakes region west-southwest of Syracuse. Founded in 1793, it is a manufacturing center. Population: 31,258.

A city of western Washington east-northeast of Tacoma. It is a center of the state's aircraft industry. Population: 33,102.

Edited by megaflop

It's not ginger, it's auburn!

See! From dictionary.com:

4 entries found for auburn.

au·burn ( P ) Pronunciation Key (ôbrn)

A moderate reddish brown to brown.

[Middle English, from Old French aborne, blond, from Latin alburnus, whitish, from albus, white. See albho- in Indo-European Roots.]

auburn adj.

Au·burn ( P ) Pronunciation Key (ôbrn)

A city of eastern Alabama north-northeast of Tuskegee. It is the seat of Auburn University (founded 1856). Population: 33,830.

A city of west-central New York in the Finger Lakes region west-southwest of Syracuse. Founded in 1793, it is a manufacturing center. Population: 31,258.

A city of western Washington east-northeast of Tacoma. It is a center of the state's aircraft industry. Population: 33,102.

I actually have a close affinity for redheads and brunnettes, its bloody stereotype dumb blondes i cannot stand.

Guest magnoliawalls

It's not exactly surprising - those boys have been bombarded with adverts from mortgage lenders and property developers featuring beautiful happy people in their showhomes.

I actually have a close affinity for redheads and brunnettes, its bloody stereotype dumb blondes i cannot stand.

Is that natural blondes or bottle blondes

<_<

It's not exactly surprising - those boys have been bombarded with adverts from mortgage lenders and property developers featuring beautiful happy people in their showhomes.

Is that natural blondes or bottle blondes

<_<

Either, i cannot help to think that alot of blondes play to the fact that they are blonde and are expected to be stupid, i know some blondes and when they say/do something absolutly stupid they blame it on thier blondeness as if its acceptable and normal.

I know a few attractive blondes who use thier looks to get whatever they want, a giggle and a low top is all they ever use .. of course men who fall for it p*ss me off way more. Infact im going to have to get it onto 'shakers - whats my beef thread'.

I dont dislike blondes for being blonde that would make me very stupid if i did. Again this will be one that i find hard to put into words properly because i dont have the same hang-up with brunnettes or redheads. The last few words just then are quite revealing, it is a "hang-up" of mine - great another one for me to sort out.

Maggie stop making me think, bad things happen when i think :)

Either, i cannot help to think that alot of blondes play to the fact that they are blonde and are expected to be stupid, i know some blondes and when they say/do something absolutly stupid they blame it on thier blondeness as if its acceptable and normal.

I know a few attractive blondes who use thier looks to get whatever they want, a giggle and a low top is all they ever use .. of course men who fall for it p*ss me off way more. Infact im going to have to get it onto 'shakers - whats my beef thread'.

...so what's wrong with that?,people have been making use of what nature gave them for centuries.

what pisses me off is the folks that don't really have anything appealing to offer but window-dress what they have and try and make it look appetising.

give me a natural blonde with big tits and no brains anyday.the ones with a manipulating mind are dangerous.

Guest horace

Like I want a flat like a house like. LIKE

Has anyone noticed that `like` appears to invade the English Language `like` a parasite?

Do you know what I mean like?

horace like.

ORACLE

...so what's wrong with that?,people have been making use of what nature gave them for centuries.

what pisses me off is the folks that don't really have anything appealing to offer but window-dress what they have and try and make it look appetising.

give me a natural blonde with big tits and no brains anyday.the ones with a manipulating mind are dangerous

ultimatly nothing wrong with wanting the 'dumb blonde' type at all, its each persons life to live how they want to, but that type of person is just not for me. No doubt great for no strings sex - nothing wrong with that either if thats what you want but again not for me.

Im probably a little to idealistic which is why ive been single all my life :lol: but looks fade, bodies sag and malfunction, personality is everlasting (for the most part). Something i realised when i was very young.. in hindsight to young to be realising stuff like it but i figured out ....you can marry a 'ugly' woman that brightens your day when she smiles,who has an amazing personality and be perfectly happy and content for the rest of your life with her Or you can marry a very attractive b*tch who you will never be happy with unless your actually having sex with her and her great body.

Of course the trick for me is to find the woman who i find stunning and has an amazing personality, then when i found her to try and convince her that i actually have something to offer. Nearly 27 years have past (3rd Nov im 27 i expect prezzies you f*ckers) and ive not met her, like i said though probably to idealistic.

What im saying really is that for me personally, intelligence is the most attractive quality i find in a woman and that i find the lack of intelligence (no matter how attractive they might be) to be a real turn off.

Again though, we are all completly different and each to thier own :)

[quote name='theChuz' date='Oct 27 2005, Nearly 27 years have past (3rd Nov im 27 i expect prezzies you f*ckers)

early happy birthday from me. enjoy your posts a lot. will definitely forget to wish you HB on 03/11, so have it now.