House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
FTBagain

Bbc 6 O'clock News

The BBC has had a really bearish day today. I missed the start of a 2 to 3 minute piece on the 6 o'clock on the big rise in repossions. It was quite an in depth bit covering debt and the autioning off of repossesed propreties, with picture of an auction in progress.

Even had Ed Stanfield of Capital Economics on. He stated that he expected the trend to continue for the next 2 to 3 years and to achieve levels similar to last time. :o

No spin (for a change) just lots of bad news.

The BBC has had a really bearish day today. I missed the start of a 2 to 3 minute piece on the 6 o'clock on the big rise in repossions. It was quite an in depth bit covering debt and the autioning off of repossesed propreties, with picture of an auction in progress.

Even had Ed Stanfield of Capital Economics on. He stated that he expected the trend to continue for the next 2 to 3 years and to achieve levels similar to last time. :o

I wonder how quickly reposessions will bring the market down i.e. properties being sold "cheap" at auction will inevitably drag prices down generally. My question is how exponential will this be?

I'd like to get excited about this but I'm spent after the Channel 4 news.

Still finishing my cigarette.

Guest Riser

I suspect indirect articles like this may have a bigger impact on the publics misplaced confidence in the housing market as it bypasses their house price rose tinted filters.

I'd like to get excited about this but I'm spent after the Channel 4 news.

Still finishing my cigarette.

Well OK calm down! WHAT did they sssaaaaayyyyyy?????? Please! Do tell! Do tell! :P:D

I wonder how quickly reposessions will bring the market down i.e. properties being sold "cheap" at auction will inevitably drag prices down generally. My question is how exponential will this be?

Pretty quickly is my guess. Just like Ed Stansfield said 2 to 3 years.

Here is the data from CML.

CMS_REPRO_H105.jpg

post-1956-1130352245_thumb.jpg

Edited by FTBagain

Well OK calm down! WHAT did they sssaaaaayyyyyy?????? Please! Do tell! Do tell! :P:D

Pretty quickly is my guess. Just like Ed Stansfield said 2 to 3 years.

Here is the data from CML.

What is weird about that graph is how many houses were being reposessed during the boom years. I guess many people staved off reposession lately by mewing some extra borrowings. That will make the graph similar to the last time, when prices do start falling significantly.

Good article on page 16 of London evening standard.

"Mortgage repossessions the highest for a decade"

Anyone out there able to provide a link,sorry I am unable to help.