House Price Crash Forum

The Gool Old City Bonus

HOLA441

Well the silly season is upon us. Yes it's time when the EA chinless public school cretins have heard

a few of "Daddy's friends" are getting large bonuses have yet again put 2 + 2 together and got "1 millions bonus".

Of course this is great new because they think everyone in the City is a merchant banker and so will prop up the ridiculous London market. These chinless wonders really do beg belief.

HOLA442
Guest The Dude

Well the silly season is upon us. Yes it's time when the EA chinless public school cretins have heard

a few of "Daddy's friends" are getting large bonuses have yet again put 2 + 2 together and got "1 millions bonus".

Of course this is great new because they think everyone in the City is a merchant banker and so will prop up the ridiculous London market. These chinless wonders really do beg belief.

Yup...hoorah for the city boys. Those loveable rogues! What would we do without them? And before anyone asks, I don't own any shares so these boys aren't working for me. Only themselves. Greedy bastardos.

HOLA443

Yup...hoorah for the city boys. Those loveable rogues! What would we do without them? And before anyone asks, I don't own any shares so these boys aren't working for me. Only themselves. Greedy bastardos.

Dont knock the city. Its one of the few globally competitive bits of our economy and it pays a lot of your bills, whether you work in the city or not.

As for the original comment, those chinless wonders are correct, although they may not realise it. The city has had a great year, bonuses will be decent although not as spectacular as some newspapers would have us believe. More importantly, people feel that they have better job security than at any time in the last five years. Anyone who thinks that prime central london property will crash is dreaming.

HOLA444

Dont knock the city. Its one of the few globally competitive bits of our economy and it pays a lot of your bills, whether you work in the city or not.

As for the original comment, those chinless wonders are correct, although they may not realise it. The city has had a great year, bonuses will be decent although not as spectacular as some newspapers would have us believe. More importantly, people feel that they have better job security than at any time in the last five years. Anyone who thinks that prime central london property will crash is dreaming.

Agreed.

Work in the City, don't think we'll get great bonuses - we're not in Banking y'see. Commodity trading's been a bit up-and-down (I'm looking at you, copper). It all gets taxed and put back into the public pocket - then spent all over the UK. The City does a fair job of keeping this country in dole cheques/council services/etc.