House Price Crash Forum

From The Bbc Talking Point

HOLA441
My house was repossessed a month ago. At the height of the property boom in early 2004 I splashed out far more than I could actually afford on a large property with the intention of selling it on at a profit. It wasn't long after that the property slowdown started but I kept hold of the property and financed the mortgage by getting myself further into debt, I was certain that the housing market would take off again and I would realise my gains. Following two years of quite harsh housing market drops in the south west I have been forced to admit defeat.

I blame myself for everything that has happened but I also think there are a lot of companies around who like to put a rosy outlook on the housing market and try to make everyone think it will always go up (estate agents, surveyors, mortgage companies), they should take part of the blame for lying to the public.

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

sounds like a bit of a greedy b@stard who thought he'd fleece the next person along few a few grand, believed the cr@p the EA's were feeding him and now wants to whine about it. My heart doth bleed.

not necessarily greedy..........could have panic bought like a frightened rabbit for fear of missing out forever like many young people i know..........

HOLA445

not necessarily greedy..........could have panic bought like a frightened rabbit for fear of missing out forever like many young people i know..........

No, he quite clearly states his motivation was making a profit.

However, he accepts he was mostly repsonsible and makes a few good points about VIs.

I don't think ill of this guy.

NDL

HOLA446
HOLA447

He sounds like a speculator to me "wanted to sell it on at a profit" Well, there's a risk to speculation, so no blame is due to any VI.

Not really, sounds like he bought as a place to live and was badly burnt. Can't really blame him if the media keeps insisting that prices must rise forever.