House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
woody

"unaffordable House Prices To Recover"

I just had the larf of my week when I read the article in the Standard today.

Essentially it was saying that the house price multiples were huge - the house prices have gone up 40% in the last 4 years so that the already unaffordable houses are now well beyond the reach of ftbs.... but this dip in the house prices is set to recover with huge gains still to come...

what the f***??

The coming SIPPS tax breaks for investors, consistant with Labours prior 8 Years of legislation to investors over ordinary purchasers mean that houserprices unaffordable to ordinary buyers will spiral further upwards.

The credit market will almost certainly polarise, credit schemes extended in light of these taxation breaks to investors with huge equity who can purchase for nearly 40% off, ordinary buyers will not have these breaks, and the marketprice will rise further upwards - credit will be withdrawn from ordinary buyers.

There is no economic law by the way that means property prices have to go back to earth in the face of 'special tax breaks' to one group over another. An economy is always a POLICTICAL economy - these policies like SIPPS matter greatly.

It may be that we have a period of higher interest rates without a houseprice crash due to this scheme and others to investors. Perhaps thats whats planned?

I just had the larf of my week when I read the article in the Standard today.

Essentially it was saying that the house price multiples were huge - the house prices have gone up 40% in the last 4 years so that the already unaffordable houses are now well beyond the reach of ftbs.... but this dip in the house prices is set to recover with huge gains still to come...

what the f***??

Is it possible to post a link to this article as I would like to see the sources for this claim

Looks like typical VI spin to me.

It is important to keep a stock of articles like this because, when the '**** hits the fan' and the economy collapses, it may be difficult to find toilet paper in the shops.

I was particularly impressed by the detailed projection in each borough of the increases to the first decimal point relating to the expected increases over the next few years - all very scientific........ they certainly know their stuff.....it has to e true then