House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
red

The Bull Has Landed On Soft Ground

some corkers in this article entitled 'RELIABLE GROWTH' from his glorified EA business (Garrington) website...

'Whilst the long-term trend remains upward, the bull has landed on soft ground. As I have regularly maintained, we have entered a period of low, single-digit house price growth.'

more:

http://www.garrington.co.uk/news.php?page=4_1

I'll be keeping an eye on Phil's little bulletins next year... ;)

Whilst the long-term trend remains upward, the bull has landed on soft ground.

Oh, it's soft alright Phil....It's also brown and very smelly.... ;)

some corkers in this article entitled 'RELIABLE GROWTH' from his glorified EA business (Garrington) website...

'Whilst the long-term trend remains upward, the bull has landed on soft ground. As I have regularly maintained, we have entered a period of low, single-digit house price growth.'

more:

http://www.garrington.co.uk/news.php?page=4_1

I'll be keeping an eye on Phil's little bulletins next year... ;)

The bull has landed on quicksand - it has been a comfortable landing, but the ground will slowly but surely fall from beneath.......by the time the bull realises what has happened, it will be too late.

p.s. why is Phil's business called Garrington? Because he thinks it has an appropriate "ring of distinction" which his braying customers will identify with? T w a t .

Guest prudence

what is most interesting is that he is stressing that buying a property is about buying a home and the financial aspects of doing so should be of secondary importance. To me this smacks of a "bull" desperately clutching at straws.

Shortly to be a period of low double digit house price falls

p.s. why is Phil's business called Garrington? Because he thinks it has an appropriate "ring of distinction" which his braying customers will identify with? T w a t .

I have often thought that. I'm surprised Krusty hasn't convinced one of her blue-blooded relatives to lend their family crest to the business, too! Or perhaps a Latin motto: "Rampus Propertii pricia obscenium"

;)

He's definitely clutching at straws as the last respectable 'single digit growth' figure prepares to disappear over the horizon next month.

I wonder what he'll have to say when they reveal annual growth of just 1 or 2%?

The guy's an attention seeking waste of space, clinging to fading memories.

In a few years, he'll be driving around in his ageing BMW with scratches and dents all over it, wearing his £2k suits from the glory years......except he'll have p*ss stains on his trousers, his expanding gut spilling over his belt.....being washed up is much worse when you can't admit it to yourself.

"Bull has landed"?

Why listen to him?

Over a year ago, he said prices never fall.

Along with Kirstie he is an icon of hubris and ill-conceived "peak mentality".

His only value is as a contrary indicator

To us, perhaps. But I think it's vital to listen to people like him as he stands for so much that is wrong with the property market and indeed, the UK. He and his like influence so many with their ethos: property ownership at all costs..in order for him to cream off a few percent in his own costs, of course.

Don't ignore people like Phil - listen, absorb and then do your own thing...in this case, the opposite!