House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
nordiclad

Thanks "2005" Proviser Web Site

Thanks to “2005” pointing out the wealth of information to be found on “Proviser”.

Armed with information on one town, which showed a recent –10% fall, so I set off to see what was on offer (yes, still looking to purchase – but getting the feeling I should now wait until 06), the reaction I had yesterday during my visit to 4 EA’s in Devon was amazing, if that is the correct word.

Admitted to the EA’s that I was looking to purchase, now renting, but did not know the area, or prices in the region – which is true. Once they completed their propaganda speeches, produced the “proviser” information.

2 reacted very positively, saying ****, where did you get that information, just what we need to bring our clients back down to earth. Both even admitting, that they would love the prices to fall, so they could sell some houses. Left with both agents sitting at their terminals and thanking me, promising to assist me in my search.

The other 2, one was VERY upset about the data (and me I think), and did not believe it, “business is excellent,” selling everything close to asking price (strange only one sale displayed on their first 60 houses of their web site). The second very indifferent, did not seem, or want to understand the figures.

Recommend you try a few EA visits with the information at hand. Seems like some EA's do not know about the web site or what is going on locally. :rolleyes:

Thanks to “2005” pointing out the wealth of information to be found on “Proviser”.

Armed with information on one town, which showed a recent –10% fall, so I set off to see what was on offer (yes, still looking to purchase – but getting the feeling I should now wait until 06), the reaction I had yesterday during my visit to 4 EA’s in Devon was amazing, if that is the correct word.

Admitted to the EA’s that I was looking to purchase, now renting, but did not know the area, or prices in the region – which is true. Once they completed their propaganda speeches, produced the “proviser” information.

2 reacted very positively, saying ****, where did you get that information, just what we need to bring our clients back down to earth. Both even admitting, that they would love the prices to fall, so they could sell some houses. Left with both agents sitting at their terminals and thanking me, promising to assist me in my search.

The other 2, one was VERY upset about the data (and me I think), and did not believe it, “business is excellent,” selling everything close to asking price (strange only one sale displayed on their first 60 houses of their web site). The second very indifferent, did not seem, or want to understand the figures.

Recommend you try a few EA visits with the information at hand. Seems like some EA's do not know about the web site or what is going on locally. :rolleyes:

I know a few people with property portfolios. Proviser is their bible.

Although that seems like abit of shameless tactical plugging for the 'proviser' i gotto admit its a damn good site and maybe deserves a mention for those people who are not aware of it.

Hi,

2 things.

1. A question I have wanted to ask for a while. Does anyone have any idea what the lead time is between completion and the Land Registry databases being updated? I ask this because I have registered for updates on one of the house prices sites and never received any!!

2. I have been aware of Proviser for a long while, in actual fact it's the other sites like nethouseprices.co.uk and houseprices.co.uk I have been introduced since lurking/being a member of this site. Why is Proviser better? If anything it seems to have a less friendly interface, (??)

Answers on a postcard pls.. :D

one was VERY upset about the data (and me I think), and did not believe it, “business is excellent,” selling everything close to asking price (strange only one sale displayed on their first 60 houses of their web site).

He's in the wrong business if he doesn't believe the Land Registry data (that's where Provider get there figures from).

:lol: