House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Giraffe Cat

Cats Or Dogs

Do you prefer cats or dogs?

Could you please vote in this unbias poll.

I prefer cats as pets because they are far easier to look after. Do don't have to walk them (although I sometimes walk with my 2 cats around the village VERY late at night) and their mishaps aren't nearly as big :D But my missus wants a dog when we move to a bigger house...and a tortoise, another easy pet.

Cats just pip dogs, especially when they are as crazy as my two. Mind you, a dog wouldn't bring a live bird into the house like mine do.

Cats ONLY JUST pip dogs :lol:

They may look cute but i have evidence of the true nature of cats

cat.jpg

They even made a documentry, was shown at the cinema I think called "cats and dogs" to let the public know what is really going on.

post-2255-1130362348_thumb.jpg

Guest Charlie The Tramp

My dog hates cats, teenagers, double decker buses, motorcycles, dustcarts, skip lorries, swans, and

un neutered male dogs.

But he thinks I am the greatest after I brought him home from Battersea where he spent six months after his former owners dumped him there when they went on holiday. :angry:

His name is Jed. :D

Yeah.. Well.. At least cats can fend for themselves. A cat will catch its food and clear up after its own poos. A dog will starve due to it chasing cars all day.

Stupid dogs.

Guest Charlie The Tramp

Yeah.. Well.. At least cats can fend for themselves. A cat will catch its food and clear up after its own poos. A dog will starve due to it chasing cars all day.

Stupid dogs.

He caught one today, the old dear was terrified as he trashed her car like Clive. :D

Guest growl

Are those shaved cat pics for real. If they are then it is abuse. I just don't find them funny, very worrying.

Cats are fantastic. Dogs are tolerable. I own both. I've had my dog for 16 years and love him to bits, he's a liquerish alsorts and is as healthy as a seven year old pedigree. But if I had my way I would not have another dog. I've always had a cat. I always will. People say thay have no personality. But thats because some people just feed them and thats it. They need to be talked to. My cat talks to me and the dog and tolerates the husband, who's cat he is. The dog is mine but adores the husband. Both are male animals. But both have different ideas to humans, because of their natural ways.

In the wild dogs live in packs with a male leader. But wild cats are different. Even different depending on cat. Cheeta's live in pairs. Lions have a male leader of a pride. But...

Wild feral cats, the closest to our domestic kind, have a female leader and a favourite male who is constantly battling the younger males. Its the female Queen who makes the decisions and who gets the best of the kill.

Thats why our male dog worships my husband as the pack leader, and our male cat worships me as the Queen. Once he even laid a fat (still twitching) dead mouse on my pillow for breakfast. You can imagine how I felt when I woke up, with it next to my face. It had to go in the bin. But it was the thought that counted. so he got cream. :)

Shaving cats is a waste of time and effort

Some breeds come without fur already!

sphynx.JPG

Edited to note: two of the cats pictured by iamconfusedagain are hairless breeds (sphynx)

damn i knew my lack of cat knowledge would catch me out in the end.

So i went and found a cat.

shave_the_kitty.jpg

little git got away..........but not before he got a short back and sides. (I wonder if his owner will recognise him?)

post-2255-1130451881_thumb.jpg

I voted for cats, but I like dogs too. Growl is correct in what she say’s about cat personalities and these can only be found out by spending time them. Strangely, and this is true one of my cats for the first time brought us home a dead mouse for a present. This was on Christmas morning and left at the bottom of the bed where the presies were going.

By the way Charlie. What breed is your dog? Just asked so I can get an idea of what you look like.

Guest Charlie The Tramp

By the way Charlie. What breed is your dog? Just asked so I can get an idea of what you look like.

According to the vet he is 75% Yorkie and 25% Westie. He hates yorkies and Westies, and is very selective in his likes and dislikes of other breeds. As for Boxers he is paranoid about them.

Went to the vets a couple of days ago for his annual check up, she is smitten by him and says he should be the star of the next Benjy film, what a hansome chap she said. :)

We had a Westy, He kept getting into fights with dogs much bigger than him, and we had to pile in and sort it all out. He had to go to the vets and he came out weighing slightly less

Obviously cats are better. They are more intelligent, purr, have triangular ears, have a vocabulary of 100 sounds (dogs have about 10) and are fluffy. Puppies can be quite cute, but kittens are hilariously cute.

Guest magnoliawalls

Come on vote DOG.

Every time you vote cat I shave another one!

:ph34r:

cat01.jpg

:lol::lol::lol:

I nearly fell of my chair laughing - horror cats for haloween!

Maybe I should update my avatar!