House Price Crash Forum

Tony Blair

Bosh

HOLA441

I wouldn't mind if their end was similar. Sometime soon though, following that a cremation and his ashes to be doused in holy water and sent into space.

...I like the sound of that one....I hope god doesn't mind.

Maybe he sent blair down here to be incarcerated??(it's not terribly fair on the rest of the innmates on HMP earth though)

HOLA442
HOLA443

I thought he was coming back into UK politics, but under the Tory party?

Now THAT would be funny.

Didn't he previously say he might except a cabin ate position regardless of who won the election.

Incidentally, Blair is the only other person than Mugabe who I could mortally justify killing in cold blood.

There would be no remorse. I would have done a service to humanity. I think 99% of people would agree with me. This man is a genuine threat to the survival of both Britain and the human race as a whole.

You could probably even make a good enough case for a jury to return a self defence verdict.

HOLA444

I agree. Even with Ed&Ed, they should easily win.

The Tory's have managed to appeal to no-one. The left think they're cutting too much, the right think they're not cutting at all. Also looks like they'll do nothing about the tax holes.

Everyone wants or promises growth, but it can't be done.

Both New Labour, and now the Tories, are faced with this problem: Whitehall is full of lobbyists trying to get legislation passed to privatize public services, reduce corporate tax bills, keep tax havens open, let banks and hedge funds do whatever they want, attack worker's remaining rights and generally impose a corporate dictatorship. In return for which the politicians will get extremely highly paid 'advisory' roles with said corporations after being in power. However, pushing obviously unpopular policies makes it hard to get elected.

The reason Labour stand to do better out of this is that they are at least in theory a party of the left which should stand against the above.

If I was thinking in conspiracy terms, I'd suspect that our kleptocratic masters are worried that Labour may get in at the next election with a platform to attack some of the banker's abuses (whether they would do this is another matter), and they want to parachute Mr Blair in as a 'Safe pair of hands'.

HOLA445
HOLA446

Let's look on the bright side, Brown will do the exploding head from Scanners thing if Blair ever becomes PM again. There's always a silver lining.

That is not a silver lining (maybe a leaden one). Brown at least is a spent force, leaving behind the power behind his throne awaiting his turn at the helm.

HOLA447
HOLA448

Honestly he could win, his charisma is off the map. If Blair could actually run things, I believe he could have been prime minister for life. Unfortunately he does not seem to have that ability.

Lots of people are like that in the corporations too. Good looking, well spoken, obviously highly intelligent, but they can never take ideas and make them into action in the real world.

Remember also in politics Blair would not be running against perfection, he would be running against another human being. In this case David Cameron, who also seems to be unable to get anything done. But who would get destroyed by Blair in debate and in media fawning, and general connecting with the people.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

I am on the fence on biblical prophecy, but if you look up the hallmarks of the Antichrist, Blair really does seem to have them covered. Charming and charistmatic, vaulting ambition, aiming to preside over a united Europe, involved with the middle east peace process, false Christian piety...

HOLA4412

The only place Tony Blair should be going is to Jail.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
Guest TheBlueCat

He's either incredibly stupid or he was looking to buy a Presidency of Europe with our money.

You forgot the last option: he's a c*** who hates Britain and everything it has ever stood for.

• 2 weeks later...
HOLA4415
  • 2 years later...
HOLA4416

Balls intends to lose one more election 'cos he needs another leadership contest first.

Today's proxy attack on Milibrown's authority a panic measure just to be sure? Calculating they won't dump him right in the run-up to an election, but will be very ready as soon as it's done.

It's looking hard to lose against a Cameron dog being so comprehensively wagged by the shadow of UKIP.

• 2 weeks later...
HOLA4417

It's possible for some people to forget that Mr Blair left Downing Street under a cloud. For appearances he resigned but it wasn't entirely voluntary. He didn't go out at the top by any description.

Mr Brown of all people replaced him and he was such a poor Prime Minister that he only managed to hang on for another couple of years or so.

Mr Blair could easily be a burden if involved with the Labour party now - maybe that's the intention.

Edited by billybong