House Price Crash Forum

If You Still Believe In A Hpc You Are A Nincompoop !

HOLA441

Hi !

This is my first visit back to this site for 6 months and incredibly you guys are still hanging around for a house price crash.

Has no one told you guys its been cancelled !!

Average house price Eng and Wales www.landregistry.co.uk

Q1 2004 WAS £166,404

Q1 2005 WAS £183,486

Q2 2005 IS £184,924

and you guys still don't still don't get it. If the house price crash was occuring why have average price in Eng and Wales gone up Q2 2005 over Q1 2005.

Just in case you need any more evidence interest rates have been cut, mortgage approvals for purchasing new houses are back up to summer 2004 boom levels, FTB numbers are increasing and the market is stronger at the end of 2005 than it was at the end of 2004.Hardly symptoms of a HPC.

Some fools still believe the HPC began in summer 2004 yet over 1 year later virtually every survey is YOY UP (e.g Halifax,ODPM).

Remember the plonkers from Capital economics who predicted 20% falls in 2005. How silly do those clowns feels now.

A year ago I told every one there would be no HPC in 2005 and I have been proved right. I am now telling you there will be no HPC in 2006. Maybe this time you will listen and not waste more money renting.

Person A rents for 25 years owns nothing

Person B pays mortgage for 25 years owns a house.

Bit of a no brainer really....

Every one here seems in denial that the HPC has been cancelled, you need to accept it and move on.

Pay 2005 prices rent forever !!!!! The choice is yours.

Hope that Helps.

Property Guru

Edited by property guru

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

Average time to sell, in my street, in 2004: 1 week

Average time to sell in 2005 6 months and counting.

Average prices are a misnomer. 1 good quality large house will screw the figures up totally. Speed of sale is a good indicator of market momentum. Oops it doesn't have any.

HOLA443
HOLA444

Average prices are a misnomer. 1 good quality large house will screw the figures up totally. Speed of sale is a good indicator of market momentum. Oops it doesn't have any.

Welcome back PG!!!! :lol::lol::lol: Seriously hope you dont get chopped again old chap, we could do with some Uber Bull(Sh*t) over here to counteract all the sensible bearish and sometimes overbearish discussions we have.

Now everyone, be Play nice and say hello to Property Guru...

B)B)B)

Edited by mbga9pgf

HOLA445

Back once again for the Renegade Master! PG certainly adds some spice to the topics.

Welcome back PG. It's good to have some bulls here again. It brightens the place up and gives people a chance to debate and have fun.

Try to behave though won't you? Wouldn't want you getting banned!

:D

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

I don't get it. Growth at 1.6% this year and little better next year, tax rises in the offing, retail in dire straights, manufacturing output continuing to decline, services at a standstill, unemployment up, inflation going up leading to higher IRs, yet house prices are going to....carry on going up??%^*&??

(Why do these 'Bulls' wind me up so much? I guess when you just know someone is wrong but they won't listen)

Edited by Matt

HOLA4411

Eek these figures are the average price of EVERY house in Eng & Wales in Q1 / Q2 2005 (so 1 good quality large house sold makes no difference what so ever unless old Abamovich buys Buckingham Palace for 10 billion).

Now can any one else explain why if we have been in a HPC in 2005 / 2005 why the average house price went UP Q2 over Q1 2005 ?

Q1 2004 WAS £166,404

Q1 2005 WAS £183,486

Q2 2005 IS £184,924

Thank you for those kind comments welcoming me back. I am sure I won't get banned unless of course you get banned for saying a HPC is not going to happen. I never swear and I never get personnel (check out my 1000 posts on singing pig) but I give as good as I get.

So does any one here still believe a HPC began in summer 2004 ?????????

(as that's what you were all saying this time last year) Or do you now admit you errrr got it wrong and in fact there was no HPC in 2004 / 2005 after all.

Hope that Helps.

PG

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

So we currently have:

Over 50 consecutive quarter of economic growth (yes FIFTY).

The ecomomy is still growing 1.7% (albeit more slowly) and is still projected to grow in 2006.

Interest rates are at historically low levels and stable.

Unemployment is at historically low levels and low compared to our neighbours (we are importing bus drivers from Poland / and agricultural workers from Portugal,people world wide for the NHS etc etc) to do jobs the natives can't do or won't do.

This is a golden economic era you should be kissing Gordon Browns feet (remember the last Tory recession 1992)

You are living in a golden economic era.If you are to "nervous" to buy or "worried" about the economy you will never be confident about buying, it doesn't get any better than the current economic conditions.

If you are moaning about the economy now you are fool. If you can't afford a house thats bad luck but if you can afford and are holding off buying you are wasting your time and money renting because there will be no HPC.

low unemployment + low interest rates = NO HPC

Everyone knows that.

Pay 2005 prices or rent for ever !!!

Hope that Helps.

Property Guru

HOLA4417

i will bet you 100 pounds that prices this time next year are lower than they are now.

wanna put your money where your mouth is?

and i will let you pick any of the price surveys you wish from the usual reconised ones.

Edited by homeless

HOLA4418

Propertyguru.

I think you will find it is fool's gold and amounts to little more than a pile of debt and an economy crippled by the costs of its own making.

If you think housing will remain buoyant whilst jobs are thrown overboard to keep HPI going I think you are in for a nasty surprise.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Hi !

This is my first visit back to this site for 6 months and incredibly you guys are still hanging around for a house price crash.

Has no one told you guys its been cancelled !!

Q1 2004 WAS £166,404

Q1 2005 WAS £183,486

Q2 2005 IS £184,924

and you guys still don't still don't get it. If the house price crash was occuring why have average price in Eng and Wales gone up Q2 2005 over Q1 2005.

Just in case you need any more evidence interest rates have been cut, mortgage approvals for purchasing new houses are back up to summer 2004 boom levels, FTB numbers are increasing and the market is stronger at the end of 2005 than it was at the end of 2004.Hardly symptoms of a HPC.

Some fools still believe the HPC began in summer 2004 yet over 1 year later virtually every survey is YOY UP (e.g Halifax,ODPM).

Remember the plonkers from Capital economics who predicted 20% falls in 2005. How silly do those clowns feels now.

A year ago I told every one there would be no HPC in 2005 and I have been proved right. I am now telling you there will be no HPC in 2006. Maybe this time you will listen and not waste more money renting.

Person A rents for 25 years owns nothing

Person B pays mortgage for 25 years owns a house.

Bit of a no brainer really....

Every one here seems in denial that the HPC has been cancelled, you need to accept it and move on.

Pay 2005 prices rent forever !!!!! The choice is yours.

Hope that Helps.

Property Guru

Bless you..

high house prices = higher debt

Higher debt = less money after debt is paid

multiply this by the population

economy wimpers..

anyway, the economy cannot support massive asset value shift and brings prices down..

Property Guru.. the weakening economy needs higher interest rates.. if we don't get them now.. we will.

thank you for coming here... :) its getting boring.. the crash is innevitable andits a case of waiting.. and..

Bored... lol..

Property Guru..

Its not about property its about the economy not being able to cope with the debt..

anyway..

still bored

oh yeah.. and the amount of people unable to pay their debt is more and more..

3.5% then 4.9% now

and heres my lot on an investor website

http://www.proviser.com/regional/towns/exe...es/price_trend/

and new build flats in my area have dropped £40,000 just over 20%..

I am an Economy Guru :)

Edited by apom

HOLA4421

This time last year in 2004 ,you were all saying in 2005 there would be a big HPC economic melt down........etc etc

You got it totally wrong.In 2004 and 2005 there was no HPC. Have the humility to admit.

Mortgage approvals for new house purchases are back to summer 2004 levels, interest rates have just been cut, average house prices went UP Q2 over Q1 Eng and Wales.

Q1 2004 WAS £166,404

Q1 2005 WAS £183,486

Q2 2005 IS £184,924

These are not the sypmtons of a HPC

Most peolpe on this site are in deep denial.

The HPC has been cancelled. Accept it and move on.

Hope that Helps.

Property Guru

HOLA4422

So we currently have:

Over 50 consecutive quarter of economic growth (yes FIFTY).

Is perpertual growth possible? look up the 'business cycle'

The ecomomy is still growing 1.7% (albeit more slowly) and is still projected to grow in 2006.

the economy is falling short of GB predictions by a considerable amount, and it is predictions like this that you listen to? odd

Interest rates are at historically low levels and stable.

Historically low yes, and you would do well to remember that, do you expect to go from historically low IR's to historically lower IRs or do you expect to go from historically low to historically normal?, inflation rising US rates rising

Unemployment is at historically low levels and low compared to our neighbours (we are importing bus drivers from Poland / and agricultural workers from Portugal,people world wide for the NHS etc etc) to do jobs the natives can't do or won't do.

unemployment rising, 6 consecutive months now isnt it?, once again historically low - what direction next?

This is a golden economic era you should be kissing Gordon Browns feet (remember the last Tory recession 1992)

You are living in a golden economic era.If you are to "nervous" to buy or "worried" about the economy you will never be confident about buying, it doesn't get any better than the current economic conditions.

Golden, golden, golden talking of golden why has GB just redefined the economic cycle to math his golden rule? "It doesnt get better than the current economic conditions" so it can only get worse then yes? the economy can only get worse so now is the best time to buy? that is counter logical

If you are moaning about the economy now you are fool. If you can't afford a house thats bad luck but if you can afford and are holding off buying you are wasting your time and money renting because there will be no HPC.

Yes moaning about the economy now would make you a fool because it is set to get so much worse, thats the whole point

low unemployment + low interest rates = NO HPC

rising unemployment + economic distress = HPC

Everyone knows that.

Pay 2005 prices or rent for ever !!!

So the rest of the uk from now until forever will be renting? never again will anyone ever be able to buy a house if they dont buy now, is this what your saying?

Hope that Helps.

helps alot

Property Guru

Edited by theChuz

HOLA4423

Ok property Guru

Heres a deal

name a property, any property at all

We will track this price week by week until its sold

The rule is that it has to be on rightmove ok?

IF its sold we will investigate the actual price it sells for. If your right I dare say we will all accpet we are in denial and accpet we are hopeles cases

If your wrong you accept you are talking from your rear in order to populate EA's

what you think?

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Gordan Brown - Today Programme Oct 2005- "We have a house price bubble".

In my opinon dispite the importation of workers and the lowering of real wages, the overall productivity level is falling steeply. We have had the sweet spot effect of mass immigration and slaves - and now the real costs will start to escalate. I see this in the areas where I live, with many ghettos forming and many people unable to speak english or read/write with dependants growing strongly.

So to add to that, the millions of non jobs and growing deficit as growth collapses, I would add the 4 million small businesses which will increasingly start failing in great numbers as with the growth of Tolleys tax guide into numerious volumes with red tape and regulation takes its toll in tyhe face of growing costs. Small one man band businesses provide 50% of GDP.