House Price Crash Forum

Emigrate... Uk For Aus

• 2 months later...

Nice area as well - I lived there for a while. Feel free to PM me for advice if you wish.

Thanks! The plan's changed again though and it now looks like I'm heading a bit further north to Darwin!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks! The plan's changed again though and it now looks like I'm heading a bit further north to Darwin!

The weather here is pants a lot of the time - but unless you liike to live in a steamroom - I am reliably informaed that Darwin will be worse !!

• 5 months later...

Change of plan again! Now Westmead, Sydney.

Make your mind up!

I've been In Australia for just under 4 yrs & must say it's the best move I've ever done. Couldn't be more happier living here - The positives far outweigh the negatives.

Edited by mattydread
  • 5 months later...

Possible change of plan again. I have failed the health requirement on my 457 visa. I have a chronic medical condition which will cost about A$350k a year to treat, but I was going to pay this myself out of my house buying fund. The Department of Immigration and Border Protection have estimated the cost to the Australian community at A$1.5m and it appears to me that the only way my visa application can succeed is to ask for a waiver. In order to obtain a waiver I have to ask my potential employer whether they will provide a Nominator Undertaking letter stating that they agree to cover all costs associated with my condition. Not good.