How Much Do You Save Per Month?

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

Does this work?

Megaflop, he stole mine, along with another member on this site, who I had to persuade to change their avatar. I now no longer care, to be honest. Anyone can use it, I couldn't give a fig.

Not sure persuade was the right word, you had a tantrum my 13 year old nephew would have been proud of.

HOLA447

Like I said, Frozen Out, you can use it now, I couldn't care less. You just caught me on a one man war day thats all.

Without a paddle, unfortunatley, I cannot edit it. Didn't think there was much point adding more really, I was getting finger fatigue after entering the details several times as it didn't seem to want to save the data for some reason.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Perhaps a better question would be, what proportion of your take home pay do you save?

Yes but too vague IMO.

I wanted to know how fast people were saving, real sums. sometimes I think I could save more, stop smoking and only drink at weekend, but to what extent do you miser away? There has to be a life balance between saving for future and living a life.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Yes but too vague IMO.

I wanted to know how fast people were saving, real sums. sometimes I think I could save more, stop smoking and only drink at weekend, but to what extent do you miser away? There has to be a life balance between saving for future and living a life.

It depends on if you call smoking and drinking living a life <_<

HOLA4416

I can't believe Joe is member number 8, and has only 35 posts!

Besides, the computer knows that you've already voted. So it might also know HOW you voted.

Good point, after reading about the Brother printers that track small dots on every sheet of paper to the exact machine end printing time, I have developed an extra level of paranoia!

HOLA4417

Yes but too vague IMO.

The way I've tried to save, which seems to be working, is to change small habits that add up- make my own coffee, pack my own lunch. Of course this is only when I remember and can be arsed, but surprisingly I can remember and be arsed at least three times a week, so it's adding up. Growing my own vegetables has helped more than I thought, I planted them just for fun but we actually got quite a good crop.

I do agree that there's got to be a balance, I'd just kill myself if I started to count every penny.

HOLA4418

I'd have to say I'm not living much of a life, I put every spare penny I can afford in to my savings, which is usually £1000 a month, if I'm lucky enough to rack up some overtime then I can increase this to 1500.

I've done loads of things in life so far, but I've yet to own my own home. :(

HOLA4419

The way I've tried to save, which seems to be working, is to change small habits that add up- make my own coffee, pack my own lunch. Of course this is only when I remember and can be arsed, but surprisingly I can remember and be arsed at least three times a week, so it's adding up. Growing my own vegetables has helped more than I thought, I planted them just for fun but we actually got quite a good crop.

I do agree that there's got to be a balance, I'd just kill myself if I started to count every penny.

I have a good wage, best way I have found to save is cut down on using the car, and make more stuff in the kitchen. Bread, Scones and lots of home made meals saves a fortune. I get a winebox every two weeks instead of having a bottle of wine every meal I have. That helps a lot. I go treavelling, so any major purchases are done duty free. Wine boxes included. I even make my own pizzas and naan bread, you wouldnt believe how easy onion bajis are to make!!! typical cost of a hom made ham and tomato 15 inch pizza? about 70p I reckon. I buy those BIG bags of rice they now do at tesco, last about a year.

Instead of buying DVDs, I have a screen select membership. So, for the cost of 1 DVD a month, I now rent around 9 DVDs which I watch when away. and lets face it, apart from a few dvds, how many do yuo watch time and time again?

Shop at primark, I know thats sad, but they are flipping cheap. same as tescos extra. excellent value. Plus clothes in the states are well cheap. As in Levis 501s for about 20 quid.

No cinema visits, very rarely go out into town (avoids rediculous coffee prices etc) and the urge to spend in stupidly advertised areas! plus parking petrol etc. I keep busy with work, and of course HPC (sad geek i m)

Sadly I am getting married soon so most of my savings are going straight on wedding! Should be an excellent day though. :rolleyes:

HOLA4420

I'd have to say I'm not living much of a life, I put every spare penny I can afford in to my savings, which is usually £1000 a month, if I'm lucky enough to rack up some overtime then I can increase this to 1500.

I've done loads of things in life so far, but I've yet to own my own home. :(

Yes, I am similar to you, scraping whatever I can, but as I live with boyf I think he gets fed up with my miserly way, so have to compromise. If I lived alone, I would probably not have tv on in background, one light on at a time and live on crumpets and tea., wearing two jumpers for warmth.

HOLA4421

Yes, I am similar to you, scraping whatever I can, but as I live with boyf I think he gets fed up with my miserly way, so have to compromise. If I lived alone, I would probably not have tv on in background, one light on at a time and live on crumpets and tea., wearing two jumpers for warmth.

We sort of sound two of a kind, I've just got off the phone from my girlfriend who has told me we WILL be buying in 2006, when I disagreed stating the reasons we discuss on here I was promptly told it was the end of the conversation :angry:

She wants to get a big house in a nice area get married and have kids.

Sounds great I say, then I throw the spanner in to the works - Where is the money coming from?

HOLA4422

I can't believe Joe is member number 8, and has only 35 posts!

Besides, the computer knows that you've already voted. So it might also know HOW you voted.

I've just learn't to type LOL. I remember looking for www.housepricecrash.co.uk two years before it was launched.

I also remember earning more money than I do today and being able to buy a three bed house in a lovely village for £59k.

I feel pretty bad that I missed some good opportunities. On the positive side I have good health and a job that I enjoy. I know when the time is right I'll have my own home.

Most topics I don't post on because they generally end up at the same point. I like this thread because I look at saving these days with much more focus. I have no regrets but have learnt from my mistakes.

The fact that most people I know borrow and spend makes me feel somewhat better.

Mr Joe.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

Does this work?

Megaflop, he stole mine, along with another member on this site, who I had to persuade to change their avatar. I now no longer care, to be honest. Anyone can use it, I couldn't give a fig.

It's a brilliant avatar. . The first time I saw it I pml-and watched it over and over again (okay , so i've got too much spare time). Hilarious. If I knew how to I'd download it onto my pc and send it to friends.Top drawer.

Edited by Baz63