House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Charlie The Tramp

The Great British Fried Chip

Guest Charlie The Tramp

Just lately Mrs C has been having difficulty getting frozen chips for frying.

Where the supermarkets had a proportion of 50/50 of frying and oven chips it now seems 90/10 in favour of the oven chips.

Naturaly the frying chips are snapped up and the oven chips with their muck coating are the only option left.

This now seems the norm in most of our local supermarkets. If this is their way to encourage healthy eating under the guidance of the NuLabour health freaks, let me state the truth.

Is it bad for me to eat fried chips 7 days a week ?, the truth is no.

Why?

Because we fry chips in pure vegetable oil, olive oil, or corn oil.

Let us take vegetable oil, a good source of vitamin E which is an antioxident and is recommended as part of a healthy diet, which is low in fat, especially saturates.

Olive oil we are encouraged to ruin the good old British salad by pouring tons of the stuff all over it.

Likewise corn oil similiar to vegetable oil.

So you Blair freaks leave my frying chips alone and stick those oven chips where the sun dont shine.

No wonder the b****y country is going to the dogs. :angry:

Just lately Mrs C has been having difficulty getting frozen chips for frying.

Where the supermarkets had a proportion of 50/50 of frying and oven chips it now seems 90/10 in favour of the oven chips.

Naturely the frying chips are snapped up and the oven chips with their muck coating are the only option left.

This now seems the norm in most of our local supermarkets. If this is their way to encourage healthy eating unde the guidance of the NuLabour health freaks, let me state the truth.

Is it bad for me to eat fried chips 7 days a week ?, the truth is no.

Why?

Because we fry chips in pure vegetable oil, olive oil, or corn oil.

Let us take vegetable oil, a good source of vitamin E which is an antioxident and is recommended as part of a healthy diet, which is low in fat, especially saturates.

Olive oil we are encouraged to ruin the good old British salad by pouring tons of the stuff all over it.

Likewise corn oil similiar to vegetable oil.

So you Blair freaks leave my frying chips alone and stick those oven chips where the sun dont shine.

No wonder the b****y country is going to the dogs. :angry:

Make your own, my mum used to make her own when we were kids, unless they were bought from the chip shop. They are tastier too!

Guest Charlie The Tramp

Make your own, my mum used to make her own when we were kids, unless they were bought from the chip shop. They are tastier too!

Where can we obtain a recipe? sounds interesting.

:)

Political chips, whatever next, Charlie? Don’t forget to put a Liberal amount of vinegar on the fish that was caught in clear blue water.

From Asda you can get some chips that are suitable for ovening and frying.

My wife ovened them first when catering for her church, the customers were getting inpatient so she put them half done in a frying pan. She said they tasted excellent. They were Church of b*****y England chips.

Dear Giraffe

There is a small oven called Hinari Life style, I got it from a shop called Poundsaver in Brighton, but I’m sure you have something like it in Kett’g .

I cost £15 new, has a grill setting, oven and is 13” wide 8” deep 8.5” high. I runs off a thirteen amp socket, cooks faster than a conventional oven and is cheap to run. Surprisingly, my wife and I can cook may meals for two by it.