House Price Crash Forum

Blatant Product Placement On Bbc - Allowed?

Redcellar

BBC1 and BBC ONE HD - 14:20 Saturday

Hazel Irvine is seated on a chair with a low table in front. And on the table is a laptop of the 'fruity' variety. You can work out the logo.

Have the rules on product placement / advertising changed? I remember Blue Peter having to blank out any product logos, and all the other shows did it too.

BBC1 and BBC ONE HD - 14:20 Saturday

Hazel Irvine is seated on a chair with a low table in front. And on the table is a laptop of the 'fruity' variety. You can work out the logo.

Have the rules on product placement / advertising changed? I remember Blue Peter having to blank out any product logos, and all the other shows did it too.

Berghaus jackets presumably get a waiver for some reason.

Nothing wrong with that. If it's the best product for the job. Some logo's are so well known you can't do much about it, particularly when it's on a piece of equipment like a laptop. It would look even more silly if the logo was taped over.

I'm sure Dell, Lenovo, Acer to name but three, would object to it being called the best product for the job. And also about free advertising on a public paid for channel.

Archived