House Price Crash Forum

Residential Property Price Index exclusive thread

2buyornot2buy

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Transaction numbers were the lowest since 2013 on the land reg - first quarter.

It looks like this may again be the case for Q2.

I have to concur though with the lack of supply/poor stock for sale - particularly in BT15. The market there is pretty much stagnant in the 150-250 range with the odd exception of course selling quite quickly.

Just looking at the NI RPPI Q2 2015 figures again.

The low was in Q1 2013. Since that prices have increased almost 20% (19.4% in just over 2 years). If anyone had of predicted that in 2013 they would have been laughed out of here.

What's happening on the world markets will have to pull this back a bit.

The low was in Q1 2013. Since that prices have increased almost 20% (19.4% in just over 2 years). If anyone had of predicted that in 2013 they would have been laughed out of here.

Wow that is insane if true.

Wow that is insane if true.

I think I am right.

Q1 2013 Standardised Price £94,882

Q2 2015 Standardised Price £113,245

Increase £18,363 (+19.4%)

• 2 months later...

NI RPPI Q3 2015

Key Findings

Between Q3 2014 and Q3 2015 the residential property price index increased by 7%

Between Q2 (April - June) and Q3 (July - September) 2015 the residential property price index increased by 3%;

Volume of house sales over first 3 quarters of 2015 down 5% on same period of 2014

Standardised Price (RPPI) Q3 2015 of £116,765 just above Standardised Price (RPPI) Q3 2005 of £116,164

• 3 months later...

NI RPPI Q4 2015

Key Findings

Between Q4 2014 and Q 2015 the residential property price index increased by 7%
Between Q3 and Q4 2015 the residential property price index increased by 1%;

Volume of house sales in 2015 down 3% on 2014

Standardised Price (RPPI) Q4 2015 of £118,100 is above the Standardised Price (RPPI) Q3 2005 of £116,164 and into the Q4 2005 bracket

• 2 months later...

NIRPPI Q1 2016 out today

Key Findings

1% decrease from Q4 2015 to Q1 2016

5.9% increase in year.

Sales volume for 2015 21,171 compared to 21,200 in 2014

Seems like our local BTLers have been paying lower prices in the rush to complete. Unlike their compatriots across the water who paid more.

See they've split the new and existing stock sales. This report continues to make the poly one redundant.

Seems like our local BTLers have been paying lower prices in the rush to complete. Unlike their compatriots across the water who paid more.

See they've split the new and existing stock sales. This report continues to make the poly one redundant.

don't think they separate BTL from the rest so impossible to conclude that BTL is lowering. My view is it couldn't keep 'correcting' or 'increasing' at 7% pa and a more sensible rate has to kick in.

lol who is Poly?

Are you referring to the UUJ. Havnt heard it referred to that in years. 'Established in 1968 as the New University of Ulster, it merged with Ulster Polytechnic in 1984'. Is that what you are referring to.

I know you hate their report but it was accurate, even with the hindsight of NIRPPI and quite an achievement without access to the Land Reg data. I agree it is largely irrelevant now and only useful for the commentary. For years it was pretty much all we had.

don't think they separate BTL from the rest so impossible to conclude that BTL is lowering. My view is it couldn't keep 'correcting' or 'increasing' at 7% pa and a more sensible rate has to kick in.

lol who is Poly?

Are you referring to the UUJ. Havnt heard it referred to that in years. 'Established in 1968 as the New University of Ulster, it merged with Ulster Polytechnic in 1984'. Is that what you are referring to.

I know you hate their report but it was accurate, even with the hindsight of NIRPPI and quite an achievement without access to the Land Reg data. I agree it is largely irrelevant now and only useful for the commentary. For years it was pretty much all we had.

I'm a Queen's and University of Ulster (now known as Ulster University) alumni so it's all a bit tongue in cheek. Haven't actually compared the actual accuracy of the poly/uu/NIHE/BOI/some estate agents sample report with that of the NI statistics and research agency report but I will sometime in get a minute.

Looking at the transaction numbers. We've had 4 quarterly falls and one rise just before SDLT hike. Safe to say second homes and BTL have fed into the increase but it'll take a few more reports to tell. More transactions and lower prices? Who knows.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Just the usual update to the NIRPPI

Figures for Q3 2016

Average Price for NI now £124,093 (just above Q3 2005)

Increase of 0.8% over the quarter and 5.4% in the year.

New Build increased in price by 9.8% over the year.

Sales volume over quarter 11% lower than same quarter last year but small increase in 3 quarters over same 3 quarters last year.

Edited by BelfastVI

• 2 months later...