House Price Crash Forum

House Prices Fall In London

HOLA441

Evening Standard main headline..... Nice big font... 5 words must take up about a third of front page.

Everyone delayed at waterloo. Nothing to do but sit and stare at it

Edited by sbn

HOLA442
HOLA443

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/london/london-property-prices-the-first-cracks-7778000.html

House prices in London have fallen for the first time in 30 months, figures reveal today.

The drop comes after Britain slid into a double dip recession and wipes hundreds of pounds off the average home — now worth just under £370,000.

It coincides with a series of warnings that British families face more pain ahead and that things could get far worse if the European single currency breaks up.

Finances in the UK will be squeezed for 18 months as incomes rise more slowly than prices in the shops, said the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development.

The OECD also warned the eurozone is in danger of going into “severe recession”. It cut its forecast for British growth from 0.7 to 0.5 per cent.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

HSBC advert, at least a clear warning in the banner advert about what happens if you don't pay what you owe.

Hold off FTBs! Don't accept their help at these prices. Look, they're getting cheaper.

lse1a.jpg

post-12306-0-28875100-1337716915_thumb.jpg

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

HSBC advert, at least a clear warning in the banner advert about what happens if you don't pay what you owe.

Hold off FTBs! Don't accept their help at these prices. Look, they're getting cheaper.

The sentiment behind that front page reminded of something...

I got it!

"La Garde recule, sauve qui peut"

:D

Edited by Tired of Waiting

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

I picked up two copies on the way home from work last night.

One to read (and get crumpled) and one that I kept flat with a view to framing as a commemorative picture for the loo or somewhere.

Honest!

HOLA4413

Evening Standard main headline..... Nice big font... 5 words must take up about a third of front page.

Everyone delayed at waterloo. Nothing to do but sit and stare at it

The sentiment behind that front page reminded of something...

I got it!

"La Garde recule, sauve qui peut"

:D

At Waterloo!

HOLA4414

I picked up two copies on the way home from work last night.

One to read (and get crumpled) and one that I kept flat with a view to framing as a commemorative picture for the loo or somewhere.

Honest!

I picked up 3 copies - I had to dispose ot the 3rd afer it started to look like a plasterers radio

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

At Waterloo!

Exactly!

When sellers from all over the country hear the news that house prices in London are going down, they will immediately think (in the memorable words of Geroge W.) :

" This sucker is going down , save yourselves ! Let's sell this sh1t as fast as possible! "

:lol:

Edited by Tired of Waiting

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

Tired of waiting.....how long have you got? ;)

Actually, quite a lot.

I should update my forum's name. Last year we decided to stop waiting for the crash to buy a house, and we've decided to upgrade our rented home instead. We've moved from a tiny ugly little flat, to a very nice 2 bed terrace, with a very nice garden, and great location, and paying just £200 more per month.

We are very happy here now. :) No hurry any more.

I've been even thinking about changing my forum name to "Waiting In Comfort" ( = "WIN"). :D

HOLA4422

Actually, quite a lot.

I should update my forum's name. Last year we decided to stop waiting for the crash to buy a house, and we've decided to upgrade our rented home instead. We've moved from a tiny ugly little flat, to a very nice 2 bed terrace, with a very nice garden, and great location, and paying just £200 more per month.

We are very happy here now. :) No hurry any more.

I've been even thinking about changing my forum name to "Waiting In Comfort" ( = "WIN"). :D

HOLA4423
1337788609[/url]' post='909046661']

Is that the Olympic Village's flats?

If so, a few weeks ago, in another thread, I mentioned that I was hopping that these flats would push down prices in that area, but someone here said that many (most?) will go to Local Authorities or Housing Associations.

It's the 50s and 60s all over again. I grew up in the 70s on council estate that didn't look much different from that. laugh.gif

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Tired of waiting.....how long have you got? ;)

Oh well.... As I've said elsewhere.... :P:P

Never mind! :P London isn't just the place where The Olympics are going to be...[iT'S ONLY, WHAT?, 3 WEEKS!!!!! FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: ]

-- But ALSO --

London is at the very epicentre of The World's Greatest EVER Pyramid/Ponzi Fraud....... The Capital of......., you guessed it,....... Yup.......

PREDATORY LIAR LOANS!!!!!!

. :P:lol::D

Edited by eric pebble