House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
StandupBcounted

It`s All Just Propaganda

I live in Southampton and properties here are well over inflated and overpriced, ridiculously so. I have been following the market for a few years now, watching them spiral to ever ludicrous heights. Refusing to buy myself until they reflect a more realistic price and value for my hard toiled money. I am adamant that I will not be blindfolded and led in to a life of strangulating debt for the benefit of the self congratulant Chancellor, banks, estate agents and Mrs ’Buckets’of the area.

I have been following this site and others like it for some time now, popping in and out to read and keep abreast of the bigger picture so to speak. Also because it is always comforting to know there are so many others who can see through all the media hype and propaganda that currently masquerades as the property market.

This week has not been a good week for that type of spin, and I must admit at first I thought “how can they be talking it all up again”. However on closer inspection it just goes to prove how worrying the recent turn in events must be for them all, and the timing of this weeks news regarding ‘RICS’ speculative opinion in house prices rising, has never been more critical.

Let’s face it, with no spring bounce the vested interests could not afford under any circumstances an Autumn fall, that would surely drive the last nail home. Which in turn would have a knock on effect on lower consumer confidence on the build up to Christmas and high street spending. No, all in all this is exactly what it is, a last and final push at the propaganda machine to get people to borrow and spend more.

I for one am not getting sucked in. Passing through Hythe in the Waterside area of Southampton at about six o’clock the other evening was enough to alleviate any frustrations I may have been harbouring. Almost all the estate agents were still open, doors flung wide but not a potential would be browser or buyer in sight. As I strolled down the street peering in at the windows, the estate agents were all pacing up and down arms behind their backs with expressions somewhere between disbelief and annoyance.

I could only conclude that they had all swallowed their own hype on this weeks spin and had been waiting around since early hours that morning for the ensuing stampede. :rolleyes:

ello :)

I actually hear a awooga siren whenever i hear RICS mentioned, i think RICS themselves are trolls! :lol:

Hiyer Chuz, I have looked on here and read your posts before, I am no troll I can asure you.

By the way I seem to have made a bit of a hash of the title,all upper and lower case all over the place, could you suggest how I might correct it and if it would apease you delete the R*** word? <_<

Hiyer Chuz, I have looked on here and read your posts before, I am no troll I can asure you.

By the way I seem to have made a bit of a hash of the title,all upper and lower case all over the place, could you suggest how I might correct it and if it would apease you delete the R*** word? <_<

Hello and welcome to the asylum. Please enjoy your visit. The good doctor will be alone to see you shortly. You may edit your postings at anytime by selecting edit then 'full edit'.

ahh no mate you misunderstand - due to the way i wrote it ... im not in anyway calling you a troll, just the RICS guys n' gals, i swear RICS just come out with that sorta crap to annoy people :)

ahh no mate you misunderstand - due to the way i wrote it ... im not in anyway calling you a troll, just the RICS guys n' gals, i swear RICS just come out with that sorta crap to annoy people :)

Not a problem, anyhow Charlie has just helped me change the title just in case.

Out of interest Chuz, for months I mistook your avitar for a packet of cheesy ritz crackers, it was only untill recently I realised it was a book of some sort, shakerbaby was right I probably do need the help of a doctor. :blink:

Not a problem, anyhow Charlie has just helped me change the title just in case.

Out of interest Chuz, for months I mistook your avitar for a packet of cheesy ritz crackers, it was only untill recently I realised it was a book of some sort, shakerbaby was right I probably do need the help of a doctor. :blink:

cheesy and cracker .. better not be a freudian slip there! :lol: though i can see how you would think that, its about time i canged it actually , just to confuse people.

cheesy and cracker .. better not be a freudian slip there! :lol: though i can see how you would think that, its about time i canged it actually , just to confuse people.

Nah Chuz, keep it as it is, its only that when I read one of your posts I have a sudden uncontrollable urge to eat, I can live with that .. :lol:

Thanks OzzM, the VI bull**** is starting to get on my nerves, so I'm going to make it a mission of mine to counteract it from now on when ever I possibly can. I do believe it is a war of words and propaganda. At the moment they have the big guns on their side but it is only a matter of time. :ph34r:

I for one am not getting sucked in. Passing through Hythe in the Waterside area of Southampton at about six o’clock the other evening was enough to alleviate any frustrations I may have been harbouring. Almost all the estate agents were still open, doors flung wide but not a potential would be browser or buyer in sight. As I strolled down the street peering in at the windows, the estate agents were all pacing up and down arms behind their backs with expressions somewhere between disbelief and annoyance.

I was passing through Broadstone this afternoon near Poole today. It's a posh residential area and most of the EA's were open. Some were trying to look busy at their desks, one young chap was standing up looking out of window in a bit of trance. Not a punter to be seen.

Have you also noticed how many properties are doubling up with agents. Lot's of 'For Sale' boards back to back. A trawl through Rightmove also proves things are getting worse when you see some houses with 4 or more agents! - It's like the EA's and sellers need to be tangoed with a dose of reality circa Autumn 2005!!

I am too young to remember the last crash, but from what I have heard and read, the market was always being talked up then, as it is now. ie "House prices will rise by 7% next year", "the market will not crash" etc etc.

I'm trying to ignore all the bull**** talking up the market, but it's very hard. It's makes me angry that people can believe that high prices are here to stay and that "youngsters will never be able to get on the ladder".

I can't wait for the forthcoming correction, just to see the look on some people's faces when they realise that I was right.

I'm trying to ignore all the bull**** talking up the market, but it's very hard. It's makes me angry that people can believe that high prices are here to stay and that "youngsters will never be able to get on the ladder".

I can't wait for the forthcoming correction, just to see the look on some people's faces when they realise that I was right.

Your not the only one getting angy and frustrated (and using this site to keep their heads up and stop themselves panicking their way into a small studio in my case)

As for the second statement. hmmm... don't hold your breath. Ultimately they will likely remember that it was their idea all along, and all their friends will agree with them! Take pleasure in finding a nice house.