HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

"Hey, you're the global co-ordinator, you buy this PoS, we're out!!"

Who are the underwriters by the way?

The original team of six: Morgan Stanley MS -0.52% , JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPM -1.80% , Goldman Sachs Group Inc. GS -0.35% Bank of America Merrill Lynch (BAC, BARC.LN), Barclays PLC's BCS -1.58% Capital Inc., and Allen & Co.

Citigroup Inc. C -0.64% , Credit Suisse Group CS +1.49% , Deutsche Bank AG (DB, DBK.XE), RBC Capital Markets, Wells Fargo & Co. WFC -0.64% , Blaylock Robert Van LLC, BMO Capital Markets Corp., C.L. King & Associates, Inc., Cabrera Capital Markets LLC, CastleOak Securities L.P., Cowen & Co., Lazard Capital Markets LLC, Lebenthal & Co., Loop Capital Markets LLC, M.R. Beal & Co., Macquarie Capital (USA) Inc., Muriel Siebert & Co., Oppenheimer & Co., Pacific Crest Securities LLC, Piper Jaffray & Co. PJC -3.55% , Raymond James & Associates, Samuel A. Ramirez & Co., Stifel, Nicolaus & Co., The Williams Capital Group L.P., and William Blair & Co.

HOLA4418

to all these people who are saying its overvalued, why are they not charging in with their shorts on?

38 has to be broken first.

It's grinding up and will probably close today with a face-saving 10% pop. But we all saw the underwriters have to step in not 15 minutes after the float. I guess 38 will be re-tested next week.

HOLA4419

38 has to be broken first.

It's grinding up and will probably close today with a face-saving 10% pop. But we all saw the underwriters have to step in not 15 minutes after the float. I guess 38 will be re-tested next week.

38 could be broken today dependent upon how many shares the underwriters have - 67 million a few sites are saying - and which they refuse to sell below 38. Then they have to buy to prop the price... well, that is what people are saying on several financial forums.

Some sites are saying that if it could be shorted it would be 25 already. Can't be shorted for 30 days after the IPO.

HOLA4420

I think it's worth about the same as AOL.

The reason that there's all the hype, is because 55 yeard old company directors and investment bankers have no idea what it is, but they know their daughter uses it a lot, and it's always being talked about on the BBC and in the press as if everyone's using it, and they don't want to admit, they don't really understand it, so they'll just buy a few billion, they get the momey free direct from the BOE anyway.

I guess on this site we're mostly too old to be serious users, but does anyone know anyone over the age of 20 who uses it?

HOLA4421

I guess on this site we're mostly too old to be serious users, but does anyone know anyone over the age of 20 who uses it?

I'm in my 20s and my experience is that once people enter the real world (ie stop being a student/start working full-time/stop living with your parents) is that they may still use Facebook now and again, but not much and only to check for messages from friends.

Indeed a number of people I know have deleted their account recently. Mine's pretty much dormant.

Edited by Chuffy Chuffnell

HOLA4422

I think it's worth about the same as AOL.

The reason that there's all the hype, is because 55 yeard old company directors and investment bankers have no idea what it is, but they know their daughter uses it a lot, and it's always being talked about on the BBC and in the press as if everyone's using it, and they don't want to admit, they don't really understand it, so they'll just buy a few billion, they get the momey free direct from the BOE anyway.

Looks like volume has fallen off a cliff. I am only looking at Yahoo and Google financials - anyone else seeing this?

HOLA4423

38 could be broken today dependent upon how many shares the underwriters have - 67 million a few sites are saying - and which they refuse to sell below 38. Then they have to buy to prop the price... well, that is what people are saying on several financial forums.

It won't go below 38 today.

Some sites are saying that if it could be shorted it would be 25 already. Can't be shorted for 30 days after the IPO.

If you can borrow the shares from an institution, you can short them - so it is both allowed and possible but tricky (scarcity). (Obviously the underwriters are barred from lending their stock out for shorting purposed as it would be a conflict of interest.)

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

If you can borrow the shares from an institution, you can short them - so it is both allowed and possible but tricky (scarcity). (Obviously the underwriters are barred from lending their stock out for shorting purposed as it would be a conflict of interest.)

Thanks.

NASDAQ is saying something is up with their computers and people aren't sure whether they bought or not.