House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
soldintime

House Builders Index - Uk

Hi,

I have decided it is time for an index of UK house builder shares that will be published weekly (every sunday) on Housepricecrash.co.uk. We have lots of indexes to see how houseprices are doing but there is no index for us HPCers to look what the UK house builders are doing. I will also show how houseprices are performing against the FTSE 100 to give a clearer picture.

I have started creating a portfolio of £5011.31 in house builders shares equally spread between them (so £1000 of each share) The shares are: BALFOUR BEATTY, WILSON BOWDEN, PERSIMMON, BARRAT & WIMPEY.

I will set todays price of the portfolio (23 of october) as the index 100. The index is called HBI (House Builders Index)

Todays FTSE 100 stands at 5,142.10 and will also have an index of 100 to compare the two.

From now on lets see how builders underperform or outperform the FTSE100

Graphs will start next week as we can make the first comparisons

:blink:

Guest consa

Hi,

I have decided it is time for an index of UK house builder shares that will be published weekly (every sunday) on Housepricecrash.co.uk. We have lots of indexes to see how houseprices are doing but there is no index for us HPCers to look what the UK house builders are doing. I will also show how houseprices are performing against the FTSE 100 to give a clearer picture.

I have started creating a portfolio of £5011.31 in house builders shares equally spread between them (so £1000 of each share) The shares are: BALFOUR BEATTY, WILSON BOWDEN, PERSIMMON, BARRAT & WIMPEY.

I will set todays price of the portfolio (23 of october) as the index 100. The index is called HBI (House Builders Index)

Todays FTSE 100 stands at 5,142.10 and will also have an index of 100 to compare the two.

From now on lets see how builders underperform or outperform the FTSE100

Graphs will start next week as we can make the first comparisons

I thought Dr Bubb was already doing this and I am sure he could plot the FTSE 100 in it as well if needed

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=13797

Sold,

Maybe you should be a little more original.

Add more stocks, or weight them according to market cap, or at least make your contribution a little unique, rather than just borrowing an idea from someone else

Does it really matter who does it, or are we back in the playground yet again? Everyone knows you are the god of HPC, so does it really matter if someone wants to contribute to your original idea?

Sold,

Maybe you should be a little more original.

Add more stocks, or weight them according to market cap, or at least make your contribution a little unique, rather than just borrowing an idea from someone else

OK I could weigh these stocks according to market cap and I will put weekly comments on this. I know you are a busy man Bubb and I would like to make this index a weekly returning feature on the forum. I do value all your post.