House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mr_Sminty

Essex

Anyone been keeping an eye on Essex?

In Chelmsford the new development by the train station I have found out will have a hundred appartments with one beds kicking off at 190k, apparently they come with a "designer" kitchen whoo hoo. Be interesting to see what they go for once they are finished in the next year or two

Also friends house sale fell through at the last moment, two bedroom ground floor appartment for 140k. Last minute pull out literally

Hi Mr Sminty

I rent very close to those new flats near Chelmsford station, both on Duke Street and the ones down Victoria Street. Also one of my friend has had their 1 bed flat fall through twice. They are building so many properties in the area....and they're all 'luxury' flats.

Where about are you? In the town centre? The Chelmsford market still seems ok. A few houses seem to have sold down my road but quite a few have fallen through or are sticking

Hi Mr Sminty

I rent very close to those new flats near Chelmsford station, both on Duke Street and the ones down Victoria Street. Also one of my friend has had their 1 bed flat fall through twice. They are building so many properties in the area....and they're all 'luxury' flats.

Where about are you? In the town centre? The Chelmsford market still seems ok. A few houses seem to have sold down my road but quite a few have fallen through or are sticking

I keep looking at rightmove but dont see much movement in prices, saying that I dont write any of them down so that might be why! Seems to be a lot more 1-2 bedroom type places on the site though than there was a good number of months back, quite a few, and on the letting site from the "village" that runs by the train track. Cant for the life of me remember what used to be there, was it just waste land!? ANyway back to the village and the number of properties on there like I said for 1-2 bed places have gone up, my thinking of this might be that FTBs who have over extended themselves or maybe wanting to cash out before prices go down etc might be the reason, number of lettings prob BTL amateurs?

Have been looking at writtle, I remember the new estate Melba court back in 2000 and I think a one bed flat was 70,000 then quite a few 2 bed room ones have been at 150 for ages now, all sound the same. The rightmove advertised prices doesnt equal the willing to sell at price obviously.

Defo seems to be more supply at the start of the old ladder in my opinion, which can only depress prices? I live over Newlands Spring/Melbourne way, ideally would like to live in Writtle! Lots of saving required for that though, certainly not going to fall as much as other areas. Im not overly bearish about the good quality places in Chelmsford, but I think places like the village and new build luxury places plus all these dodgy former council places in awful hell holes for stupid money (quite a few near me!) need to be brought back to Earth. Quite like looking at the interior pictures, you can sure see lots of changing rooms style makeovers that look nice but have probably put an extra 10k of debt in the owners balance sheet!