House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Renewed Investor

Anone Buy Miners?

AuRico caught my eye.

Link

Think I may take a punt at these. Pretty good track record and their recent report was rather outstanding. Don't think I'll go all in but I'll add some to my portfolio to diversify a little and hopefully bring some dough in that I can roll over into Gold or Silver.

Anyone else like the Miners? If so, list them here and share your thoughts.

Guest unfunded_liability

AuRico caught my eye.

Link

Think I may take a punt at these. Pretty good track record and their recent report was rather outstanding. Don't think I'll go all in but I'll add some to my portfolio to diversify a little and hopefully bring some dough in that I can roll over into Gold or Silver.

Anyone else like the Miners? If so, list them here and share your thoughts.

'like' isn't the word I would use at this point in time :D

I have a portfolio of juniors: gold, silver, oil, uranium, potash - all in the red :(

Still it's an interesting and educational way to lose money :)

'like' isn't the word I would use at this point in time :D

I have a portfolio of juniors: gold, silver, oil, uranium, potash - all in the red :(

Still it's an interesting and educational way to lose money :)

Ha! Yes, most are in the red at the moment. I see times like these as buying opportunities though. If you believe in your commodities fundamentals then owning shares in companies that provide them is a no brainer IMO.

As for Juniors I was told to buy Arian Silver at £0.06, but didn't listen. Ended up buying at around £0.40 and selling at £0.50. 20% is a good return for a couple of months but still, what could ahve been had I bought when initially tipped off. I still feel a bit sick when I see that chart LOL.

Anytime someone recommends some shares on here I go the Halifax Fantasy Trader website and "buy" some shares just to see how they fare.

I've been doing this about 18 months now and NOTHING anyone has ever recommended that i've noticed has done anything except lose money.

Some of the companies have even de-listed. Would love to know what happens to your money if you'd really bought shares with 'em (lost the lot?)

I will add AuRico to the list and see how they've done in a few months :)

Anytime someone recommends some shares on here I go the Halifax Fantasy Trader website and "buy" some shares just to see how they fare.

I've been doing this about 18 months now and NOTHING anyone has ever recommended that i've noticed has done anything except lose money.

Some of the companies have even de-listed. Would love to know what happens to your money if you'd really bought shares with 'em (lost the lot?)

I will add AuRico to the list and see how they've done in a few months :)

Yeah, you gotta watch for the pump and dumpers. I bought the shares, hoping for a good return about 1 year from now. In your time frame of a few months I'd expect a price of around $12 or so. We'll see though.

Goldcorp Inc (GG)

Is my favourite company

Edited by Asheron

I own 10 mining stocks I am down 15% on most of them about -£1400 :) but I will update you in 5 years :)

AEM

GG

HEL.V

ABL.V

PAF.L

PVG.TO

ABX

AXU

PSLV

MFN

Edited by Asheron

I own 10 mining stocks I am down 15% on most of them about -£1400 :) but I will update you in 5 years :)

AEM

GG

HEL.V

ABL.V

PAF.L

PVG.TO

ABX

AXU

PSLV

MFN

Living in the UK I have wondered how you approach buying the above or similar especially the added currency risk?

You can Buy any stock you want depending on your Broker. Yes there are costs, restrictions and taxes and forms to be completed.

Most cheap online share dealing accounts will have access to most of those I have listed.

You can Buy any stock you want depending on your Broker. Yes there are costs, restrictions and taxes and forms to be completed.

Most cheap online share dealing accounts will have access to most of those I have listed.

Do you buy within a stocks and shares ISA? and

Did you hear this very interesting Financial Sense podcast about buying the gold shares and to be buying them or holding on to them even if you or other people are puking at the thought of them and their underperformance/losses.

Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: Keeping the Faith−Holding Onto Your Gold Stocks When Your Emotions Tell You To Sell

Also on the Big Picture: This week’s Market Bill of Health and more of your Q-Calls

http://www.financialsense.com/financial-sense-newshour/big-picture/2012/05/12/03/jim-puplava/keeping-the-faith-holding-onto-your-gold-stocks

Living in the UK I have wondered how you approach buying the above or similar especially the added currency risk?

You need to fill in and send off a W8-BEN form to your broker and wait for them to recieve it. As soon as they have notified you then you can begin trading US and Canadian stocks. You can buy and sell US shares without the W8, but the American IRS will hammer you in taxes ( I've heard of some people having up to 40% taken from them) and it is difficult to get the money back as you are treat as an illegal alien without the W8.

Dear Asheron,

Do you buy within a stocks and shares ISA?

Did you hear this very interesting Financial Sense podcast about buying the gold shares and to be buying them or holding on to them even if you or other people are puking at the thought of them and their underperformance/losses?

12 May 2012

Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: Keeping the Faith−Holding Onto Your Gold Stocks When Your Emotions Tell You To Sell

Also on the Big Picture: This week’s Market Bill of Health and more of your Q-Calls

http://www.financialsense.com/financial-sense-newshour/big-picture/2012/05/12/03/jim-puplava/keeping-the-faith-holding-onto-your-gold-stocks