House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
The Masked Tulip

Wall Street Crash Anniversary

Don't forget, next week sees the anniversary of the Wall Street Crash.

A chap was on TV today talking about living through it and living on just two bowls of bean soup a day for years afterwards, travelling on foot across America looking for work - and he considers himself one of the lucky ones.

He commented how people today have no idea of what can happen, how sudden it can happen and the devastation it can cause. He commented that one minute everyone appeared to be making lots of money then the next there were long queues outside banks as banks went bust.

Take a look at this technical analysis (need to be able to view PDF files)

http://www.safehaven.com/pdf/102305gayer.pdf

Based on Elliott wave theory it shows the Dow has just peaked at five waves up (starting from 1920 I believe). It suggests that we could be at the start of a steep fall. Perhaps a 50% drop in the index over the next couple of years.

Very scary stuff.

I think its a real possibility, I have bought gold, shorted the Dow and I am a STR.

Next week could be very interesting.

Of course it is only one view and I am sure its possible to find dozens of TA types with graphs pointing to new highs. As always time will tell.

Paul

Paul

monday should be interesting - thanks for the pdf file

A chap was on TV today talking about living through it and living on just two bowls of bean soup a day for years afterwards, travelling on foot across America looking for work

was it david carradine

Edited by lowrentyieldmakessense(honest!)

Guest Bart of Darkness
A chap was on TV today talking about living through it and living on just two bowls of bean soup a day for years afterwards, travelling on foot across America looking for work
was it david carradine

:lol:

Should have added solving people's problems to the above resume.

Then of course there's the crash of October 87. I remember that well as I had just been offered a job as a trainee commodity broker on the Wednesday afternoon before the great storm. On the Monday morning the firm didn't exist. Meant I went to University for six years instead, quite pleased really.