House Price Crash Forum

Obviously. Yet still unsold.

So went from 239 to 300 to 279.

Be interesting to see what happens.

In my experience this happens not in situations where they got no interest or offers but when they did get several offers and could have sold it easily at their original price so it gets pulled and relisted at a higher rate.

It isn't unsold because of a lack of offers.

Whether it will work for them is another matter though, I have seen people get severely burned due to their own greed in the past and it could easily happen again.

They obviously pulled the original listing as they felt they could get a better price.

Does this make sense? It would have been bid up to the supposed high value from the lower price without any such antics needed.

Well all very well unless the entire house buying public can see your indecisive anchoring strategy playing out in the ads.

No rhyming punning jokes please.

I think you give the house buying public far too much credit

In my experience this happens not in situations where they got no interest or offers but when they did get several offers and could have sold it easily at their original price so it gets pulled and relisted at a higher rate.

It isn't unsold because of a lack of offers.

Whether it will work for them is another matter though, I have seen people get severely burned due to their own greed in the past and it could easily happen again.

Looks like the demand was so high... they've decided to rent it out

http://www.propertynews.com/Property/Belfast/ECSECS24968/6-Geneva-Gardens/

At a 4% gross yield.

You just shouldn't assuse logic with house sellers. Buyers generally seem to approach differently but sellers often seem to get so wrapped up in their expectation of value that they totally ignore what should be sensible sales practices.

1850 a year.

2 months rent.

So we're down to 3.33%.

Voids, maintenance, insurance, tax? Na, not worth it, so we're back to the old stand by - the hope of appreciation. That used to be a certainty, of course. Not so much in the modern world.

Edited by yadayada

So we're down to 3.33%.

Voids, maintenance, insurance, tax? Na, not worth it, so we're back to the old stand by - the hope of appreciation. That used to be a certainty, of course. Not so much in the modern world.

Might be owned outright so rent is straight into the pocket

Might be owned outright so rent is straight into the pocket

Could well be. Good luck with the rates when you've identified yourself as the owner of the house, and with the insurance, specifically for a rented house. Might be embarrassing at the tax audit. Similarly, the house once rented becomes a business asset and is then subject to capital gains tax once sold. It's not unknown for disgruntled tenants to squeal on a landlord they don't like.

It's not looking good, is it? I believe praying for a property boom is not considered appropriate, but that would be the only salvation.

Edited by yadayada

Could have, doesn't change the yield.

I think the suggestion is no tax be paid, which does admittedly maximise yield. As well as the risk of criminal charges.

5 minutes ago, 2buyornot2buy said:

Probably not for BT9. Loads of 20%+ RV out there

As previously stated I guess 5-10% above RV for BT9

This one is mental:

http://www.propertynews.com/Property/Belfast/ECSECS43037/123-Malone-Road/

• Fantastic Opportunity For Replacement Dwelling (Subject To Necessary Planning Consents)
  • Highly Desirable South Belfast Location
  • Current Detached Dwelling Is Beyond Repair
  • Circa 0.1 Acre

Values land in BT9 at £2.25m an acre!