getdoon_weebobby

HOLA441
  • Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
1 hour ago, rattusrattus said:

I live five miles from that house and even I got a brochure this week, and I don't think that estate agent has my address so they must be sending it randomly to thousands of people. Very bizzarre.

Madness. I thought they were blitzing the bt9ers. Some dough getting dropped there. Classic example of overdevelopment. 

• 2 weeks later...
HOLA443

Purely anecdotal, but I browsed thorough Belfast apartments earlier and I'm seeing loads that have been on the market for months - perhaps apartments just take a bit longer to sell than houses do, but I'd be wary of paying the asking prices on a flat that's not sold after several months.

HOLA444
7 hours ago, JoeDavola said:

Purely anecdotal, but I browsed thorough Belfast apartments earlier and I'm seeing loads that have been on the market for months - perhaps apartments just take a bit longer to sell than houses do, but I'd be wary of paying the asking prices on a flat that's not sold after several months.

I don't think its just apartments. Anything over 300K seems to sit on the market for 6 months and then gets relisted at the same price again, or with Gerry Oconnor at an even crazier price. It just doesn't make sense.

HOLA445
On 31/10/2017 at 8:50 PM, zamo said:

I don't think its just apartments. Anything over 300K seems to sit on the market for 6 months and then gets relisted at the same price again, or with Gerry Oconnor at an even crazier price. It just doesn't make sense.

They're right on apartments in BT9 - people asking for double for very little difference. Similar story with the above 300 comment, people are just overpricing the postcode:

https://www.propertypal.com/49-richmond-park-stranmillis-park-belfast/480028

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
28 minutes ago, 2buyornot2buy said:

Not a bad price Joe. You should view that. 

Perhaps. It sat at £185K for ages so I'm wondering if there's something negative about it that the pictures don't show. But yes worth a view. What I'd really like is one of the detached ones on Sharman but they're at least £65K more.

HOLA449
57 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

Perhaps. It sat at £185K for ages so I'm wondering if there's something negative about it that the pictures don't show. But yes worth a view. What I'd really like is one of the detached ones on Sharman but they're at least £65K more.

I'd be tempted to view and out in an offer on a Sharman one. Are there many listed? Use this one as an example of why you offered x. 

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Hi Joe,

I went to view that property 50 Vauxhall the other week - a woman had a bid in at £165k with a quote of £60k to sort out everything wrong with the house. I'm handy so wouldn't cost me as much but I would not even pay £145k for it to be honest. The garage is falling down so that is worthless. That whole 60s style panelling at the front and back of house needs ripping off and replacing or pebbledashing, insulating etc. All electric points are singles but not a big job. The photographer deserves an award because inside the house is not as great in real life. 3rd room is small. Nice street but I asked myself do I want to be paying a 25 year mortgage for this house and the answer was an overwhelming no. It would be a money pit. Especially if prices are coming down, which I believe they are.

You don't have to take my word, go view it and let me know your thoughts...

HOLA4412
12 hours ago, Jay Solo said:

Hi Joe,

I went to view that property 50 Vauxhall the other week - a woman had a bid in at £165k with a quote of £60k to sort out everything wrong with the house. I'm handy so wouldn't cost me as much but I would not even pay £145k for it to be honest. The garage is falling down so that is worthless. That whole 60s style panelling at the front and back of house needs ripping off and replacing or pebbledashing, insulating etc. All electric points are singles but not a big job. The photographer deserves an award because inside the house is not as great in real life. 3rd room is small. Nice street but I asked myself do I want to be paying a 25 year mortgage for this house and the answer was an overwhelming no. It would be a money pit. Especially if prices are coming down, which I believe they are.

Welcome Jay. Interesting bit of info on the house. 60k is a lot. It really must be in bad nick. Good for others buying on the street if it goes for less. Brings down the valuation of others that come up for sale. 

Edited by 2buyornot2buy

HOLA4413
11 hours ago, Jay Solo said:

Hi Joe,

its unusual for repairs to end up costing less than first anticipated. 

HOLA4414
11 hours ago, Jay Solo said:

Hi Joe,

Hi Jay, welcome to the site.

I can well believe that all you say is true; as I took a walk around the area a few months back and what struck me was that many of the houses seemed to be in bad states of repair. I know from my little brother's search from a house over the last couple of years that photos can be deceptive; the houses frequently don't look anywhere as good in real life as they do in photos.

For me that house isn't worth spending north of £200K, I don't know why anyone would when they could probably get this for £230K:

https://www.propertynews.com/Property/BELFAST/TRLTRL83543/3-Sharman-Drive/431461475/

HOLA4415
8 hours ago, JoeDavola said:

the houses frequently don't look anywhere as good in real life as they do in photos.

Funny I noticed the opposite in London. They couldn't be bothered to take flattering photos. Whether the camera was out of focus or not, the house is still definitely going to sell for a fortune.

HOLA4416

Yes the Sharman Drive house looks a lot more value for money. Unfortunately out of my price range but a solid house. I have noticed a few sellers have cut prices, I don't know if that is just time of year or are people just overpricing?

I have been reading the forum the last few weeks, so much info. The Northern Ireland HPI report was released today saying house prices have gone up 6% in a year (3% up from last Quarter). I'm thinking the prices will stall at least over the next quarter as I was planning to buy early next year. One can hope! 

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

Just listed today, 2.5 bed semi that needs complete redecorating - yours for a cool quarter million:

https://www.propertynews.com/Property/Belfast/UPS11217-2-10089739/57-Willesden-Park/431543658/

1/4 mil for my grans house.......tempting.....:lol:

...or for an extra £100K on top of that, you can buy half a house in Malone:

https://www.propertynews.com/Property/Belfast/TRLTRL66495/29-Osborne-Drive/431545624/

The Templeton Robinson valuers are smoking some strong dope, I'm convinced. They are shocking for overpricing...

HOLA4420
On 11/14/2017 at 9:18 PM, Jay Solo said:

Yes the Sharman Drive house looks a lot more value for money. Unfortunately out of my price range but a solid house. I have noticed a few sellers have cut prices, I don't know if that is just time of year or are people just overpricing?

I have been reading the forum the last few weeks, so much info. The Northern Ireland HPI report was released today saying house prices have gone up 6% in a year (3% up from last Quarter). I'm thinking the prices will stall at least over the next quarter as I was planning to buy early next year. One can hope! 

You have to look at volumes of sales as well as the headline figures.

Otherwise you can get all excited by partial-stats. 

Then you might  think that one or two Boomers buying some Big Houses off one or two other Boomers is a well functioning guide to the whole market.

If you haven't done this already, check out Zoopla/ Search by/ Most Reduced - then choose your area and get scrolling.

You will see some houses in NIreland that have been sitting for literally ages not sold. Or sale agreed. Which is sort of the same thing in a lot of cases.

Then ask yourself why are they not selling...

HOLA4421
On 07/09/2017 at 2:07 PM, 2buyornot2buy said:

More bt9 madness. 

https://www.propertynews.com/Property/Belfast/GOCGOC8419/194-Stranmillis-Road/426285598/

Circ 2000 sq ft. I make it closer to 1600. Bt9 back in bubble territory. A smallish semi with no garden going for 475k is madness. 

I viewed this site. It was on for 125k with BTW. 

Walked past these last week, both agreed. What kind of mugs would see value in that...

HOLA4422
On 25/11/2017 at 11:35 AM, whome_yesyou said:

Walked past these last week, both agreed. What kind of mugs would see value in that...

Both fallen through now. Agreed signs down now. 

I agreed though, you' need to have your head looked at to pay that. 

Edited by 2buyornot2buy

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
  • 2 weeks later...
HOLA4425