House Price Crash Forum

Bt9

getdoon_weebobby

HOLA441
21 minutes ago, nigooner said:

See this site back on the market:

https://www.propertynews.com/property/OKY670710

Anyone remember what the story with it was or what it was listed at before? Must have been a deal fallen through?

Herbert bought it. Failed shopping centre owner but great chicken sales man Herbert. 

Could be the council refused to let him name it Lesley something or other and he's taken the hump and is going to flip it. 

Edited by 2buyornot2buy

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
20 minutes ago, 2buyornot2buy said:

Herbert bought it. Failed shopping centre owner but great chicken sales man Herbert. 

Could be the council refused to let him name it Lesley something or other and he's taken the hump and is going to flip it. 

Haha thanks for the info. Googled it, looks like it was in OK’s last auction.

HOLA443
30 minutes ago, nigooner said:

Haha thanks for the info. Googled it, looks like it was in OK’s last auction.

He's been taking a hammering in the chicken business. Massive write downs in the last set of accounts. He's been selling lots of developments. Weirdly through auction. It's not where I'd expect to sell a site like this and city centre office blocks. 

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
18 hours ago, stingray192 said:

The harberton bt9 development has only two properties remaining, one apartment , one townhouse, i was on site yesterday having a nosey , beautiful development although small sites ( although huge compared to malone meadows?

It has more than two available. The larger ones are still there. I have three friend who live in the development. I've been round it quite a bit, even looked at phase 1 on the road. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess. 

Phase one was good for about 18 months. Right up until the time you started to look into the back window of the next phase. 

Edited by 2buyornot2buy

HOLA449
HOLA4410
7 hours ago, 2buyornot2buy said:

It has more than two available. The larger ones are still there. I have three friend who live in the development. I've been round it quite a bit, even looked at phase 1 on the road. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess. 

Phase one was good for about 18 months. Right up until the time you started to look into the back window of the next phase. 

The two large ones £825,000 each are showing as available on the price list along with one apartment and one townhouse, the sales girl said they are both reserved , they are waiting paling for the next phase,  I personally think they are far superior to anything else currently on the market in Belfast, although my own taste is ultra modern

HOLA4411
9 hours ago, stingray192 said:

The two large ones £825,000 each are showing as available on the price list along with one apartment and one townhouse, the sales girl said they are both reserved , they are waiting paling for the next phase,  I personally think they are far superior to anything else currently on the market in Belfast, although my own taste is ultra modern

Have you been in one? They are certainly not ultra modern. Unless a "garden room" (single storey extension) is your idea of ultra modern. If anything they are traditional new build. There are very very similar to belvoir. 

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
21 hours ago, 2buyornot2buy said:

But I guess that the buyer knew that when buying off plan. Phase 2 was hardly a secret.

They fit well in the street - I guess if your kids fall in the street then it will not be hard to find a doctor and a solicitor close by ?

HOLA4414
17 minutes ago, mmca22gr said:

Sign outside it says sold. 

Maybe new owners are back to renting it while they decide what to do.

You could be right, but generally the agent will just stick up a “sold” sign whenever they’re changing the instruction just to make themselves look good.

HOLA4415
32 minutes ago, mmca22gr said:

But I guess that the buyer knew that when buying off plan. Phase 2 was hardly a secret.

They fit well in the street - I guess if your kids fall in the street then it will not be hard to find a doctor and a solicitor close by ?

Looking at a site plan and being faced the physical reality... phase one does fit in well with the street. They are nicer houses that the later phases. And on much bigger plots. The square is like any other new build estate. 

That's BT9 in general. I'm literally surrounded by them. 

HOLA4416
15 hours ago, 2buyornot2buy said:

Have you been in one? They are certainly not ultra modern. Unless a "garden room" (single storey extension) is your idea of ultra modern. If anything they are traditional new build. There are very very similar to belvoir. 

I didn’t say they were ultra modern, I said my own taste is for ultra modern , I think they are lovely homes built to a high specification, they are certainly along the same lines as belvoir, but I think the finish is much higher than most new homes in Belfast developments

HOLA4417
9 hours ago, stingray192 said:

I didn’t say they were ultra modern, I said my own taste is for ultra modern , I think they are lovely homes built to a high specification, they are certainly along the same lines as belvoir, but I think the finish is much higher than most new homes in Belfast developments

Only part of the spec that jumped out at me was the down draft extractor. It was an optional extra. I even put one in my own kitchen. The rest of the spec was ok. Nothing fancy. Certainly not what I would call high. 

HOLA4418

I think compared to most new developments they have a fairly high specification, they are not a high specification compared to someone building a one off home or a developer building bespoke homes on a small site with maybe 3-4 properties, I personally wouldn’t buy one as there is no privacy between the homes, on saying that when I lived in malone meadows they were every bit as bad, they also dated really badly and look horrendous now, I think these are quite a classic design and won’t date quite so much 

HOLA4419
1 hour ago, stingray192 said:

I think compared to most new developments they have a fairly high specification, they are not a high specification compared to someone building a one off home or a developer building bespoke homes on a small site with maybe 3-4 properties, I personally wouldn’t buy one as there is no privacy between the homes, on saying that when I lived in malone meadows they were every bit as bad, they also dated really badly and look horrendous now, I think these are quite a classic design and won’t date quite so much 

I don't think any of the mcginnis developments have aged well. Maybe malone square. Let's hope the braidwater ones do.  

Malone meadows has been up for about 16 years. The plots are much larger. The houses are larger and they are probably about half the price on a square foot basis. Apples and oranges. 

HOLA4420
19 hours ago, 2buyornot2buy said:

I don't think any of the mcginnis developments have aged well. Maybe malone square. Let's hope the braidwater ones do.  

Malone meadows has been up for about 16 years. The plots are much larger. The houses are larger and they are probably about half the price on a square foot basis. Apples and oranges. 

It’s actually 27 years when the first phase went up in malone meadows, (hard to believe)the original phase came with almimo kitchens, these were averaging about £25000, so ultra modern then but within 10 years they looked horrendous, they dated extremely quickly,, however because  people paid so much for them they’re lived with them, I never had an issue with the quality of the build, I sold at the right time

HOLA4421
1 hour ago, stingray192 said:

It’s actually 27 years when the first phase went up in malone meadows, (hard to believe)the original phase came with almimo kitchens, these were averaging about £25000, so ultra modern then but within 10 years they looked horrendous, they dated extremely quickly,, however because  people paid so much for them they’re lived with them, I never had an issue with the quality of the build, I sold at the right time

I thought it was 2001. You can tell the mcginnis ones. They are identical to the laurel hill ones they built in four winds. I wouldn't live in one if you paid me. 

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425