House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
getdoon_weebobby

Bt9

btw cairns im sure are shifting numerous houses for 300k.

the houses up at danesfort are now 300k

completely pointless waste of time marketting this at 300k as so far away from its value.

84m2.

amazingly RV is 225k.

http://www.propertynews.com/Property/BELFAST/ECSECS24245/Apt-5-16-Deramore-Park/195927575/

why is the EA bothering to list this at this price.............

Thought hard myself about what sets a list price.

I've come to the conclusion that there are several things.

Location - you wouldn't, but many are prepared to pay a premium for a street name.

Hope of achieving - flat close to myself is on for way too much but that doesn't seem to have put a stop to the stream of ROI viewers.

Vendor, however unreasonable or deluded has the final say. I'm sure EA is more than happy to take marketing fees in the hope they either get a buyer or vendor sees sense, reduces price and they then find a vendor. Probably why this firm overvalues compared with its competitors - to hook people as they're unlikely to move EAs.

http://www.propertynews.com/Property/Belfast/5526RR200485740/Fane-Street/202068018/

http://www.propertynews.com/Property/Belfast/GOCGOC6146/15-Lorne-Street/202068018/Page3

http://www.propertynews.com/Property/Belfast/DMGDMG1108/64-Fane-Street/202068018/Page1

bt9 - 2/3 bed terraces - 55k-65k - i thought property doesnt go down in bt9 - location location location - la la la la la la

surely buy to let material for investors at these prices????

i can still remember when people were fighting to pay 200k for 2 up to downs in The Village as they were the cheapest properties left in the area......

The scary thing is 1) An architect designed that

2) he is willing to have his name recorded against it

That house is hideous.

It's a repo.

Any news on BT9 properties? Are they all still well above RV and not selling?

There seems to be a lot of movement, especially in the sub £150k bracket.

About half of these seem to be made up of repos - given the public notice announcements.

Hopefully these are individuals who have been biding their time, but for some reason I feel they may be BTLs.

( nothing tangible -just given the state of repair on a lot of these and that they are 'cash offers only')

Given the proposed changes to benefits etc and payment to landlords - is it the feeling that the BTLers are looking to get out of the market, or just using 20% sub RV prices to extend their portfolios?

Any views.

How about a drop of over 50% in BT9 ? Down today to £249,950 from £525,000

Rateable value £320,000

In fairness it's been on since March 2008 - which was the date that propertybee started for propertynews if I remember correctly - so it may have been on for longer than that.

How time flies...

http://www.propertynews.com/Property/Belfast/TRLTRL49737/22-Malone-View-Road/208785072/

so four particular properties near to me :

-this one was asking around 500k and sold very quickly indeed

-this was asking around 600k ( was definately too high ) and still unsold

two properties that i know a bit more about:

-one is asking about 38% more than what i think it sold for last year and got a lot of viewings.

-one apartment is asking 36% more than what i believe the bank sold them for about 3 years ago and is only recently listed.

seems like the market is really picking up in this area

mods - sorry i know there was an old bt9 thread but couldnt find it so feel free to merge it

Edited by getdoon_weebobby

-one is asking about 38% more than what i think it sold for last year and got a lot of viewings.

-one apartment is asking 36% more than what i believe the bank sold them for about 3 years ago and is only recently listed.

mods - sorry i know there was an old bt9 thread but couldnt find it so feel free to merge it

LINKS ?

Maybe this should be in the anecdotal forum ?

mods please move to thread Ausdave provided

do not want to provide links as gives away my neighbours etc

was just an anecdote that I can definately see that the market is popular here at the mo

£500k houses in BT9 are selling at about 5%-10% above RV.

There was a recent one in Bristow Park that was asking £495k and went for £60k+ more than that.

good demand and little supply. Some are Sale Agreed in less than 3 weeks.

£500k houses in BT9 are selling at about 5%-10% above RV.

There was a recent one in Bristow Park that was asking £495k and went for £60k+ more than that.

good demand and little supply. Some are Sale Agreed in less than 3 weeks.

Is the demand for such houses greater than it was 2 years ago (i.e. people are willing to pay far more)? If so, why?

Edited by JoeDavola

You've 150 properties for sale in bt9:

When u take out the student stuff and then divide the rest into flats ,small ,big ,medium houses etc there isn't that much in each category.

Next to no new development in the area since 2007.

Lisburn Rd is actually improving quite a bit in the stretch from Tesco down to Albany in terms of new openings of shops/cafes etc

Just an update the apartment that was listed a couple of days ago in my street sold the same day !!! Asking price was about RV+30%

The Bristow park house I think I know the one. There is a YouTube video for it.

It was nearly double RV but I'm guessing it was extended and RV not updated.

The Bristow park house I think I know the one. There is a YouTube video for it.

It was nearly double RV but I'm guessing it was extended and RV not updated.

That is the one.

Extended and RV not updated. Take the RV of the house next door as a guide. SqM are from EA website - you could calc the updated RV yourself.

A well presented house seems to sell very well.

http://www.propertynews.com/Property/Belfast/TRLTRL72663/3-Oakwood-Grove/

Been on the market since June 2014 (I think longer than that!)

Sale Agreed Saturday @ abt £315k. RV @ £250k. Similar houses in this development sold last year @ abt £300k,

The bidding action on houses increased after the election result in May. Lots of recent Sale Agreed before we get to the dead month of July.

The Kings Hall new builds are on the market this week. Check those prices. If they go as well as the new builds on the Public Records office site that should give an idea of demand for the area.

I notice Simon Brien is listing at a decent premium to the RV.

You've 150 properties for sale in bt9:

When u take out the student stuff and then divide the rest into flats ,small ,big ,medium houses etc there isn't that much in each category.

I agree.

http://www.propertynews.com/search/328375129/

This is a search for 4 bed detached in Balmoral/Malone/Stranmillis areas as defined by PropertyNews (incl Sale Agreed)

Not too much to choose from, especially when you remove the new builds that do not exist yet.

Edited by mmca22gr

The Kings Hall new builds are on the market this week. Check those prices. If they go as well as the new builds on the Public Records office site that should give an idea of demand for the area.

I notice Simon Brien is listing at a decent premium to the RV.

Kings Hall New Builds? - Harberton already listed with Brien from 495 - 725. 13 out of 19 already sale agreed.

May indicate that there is unfilled demand in the area and healthy demand?