House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest growl

Edit Your Replies Please

Guest growl

Just a thought. I don't know whether this irritates others. But when someone posts an artictle in full, I don't mind reading it. But then when everyone reposts all of the same article when they are replying, and adds perhaps one line as a reply. Well its a bit annoying. We don't need to read it over and over again. Not the full piece anyhow.

Thankyou. :)

Edited by growl

Just a thought. I don't know whether this irritates others. But when someone posts an artictle in full, I don't mind reading it. But then when everyone reposts all of the same article when they are replying, and adds perhaps one line as a reply. Well its a bit annoying. We don't need to read it over and over again. Not the full piece anyhow.

Agreed. :unsure:

Can someone please give instructions on how to quote on part of a post, for those including myself who haven't got quite the hang of it. Much appreciated.

Guest struthitsruth

to quote on part of a post,

Simplest to follow is surely to quote the lot and then highlight and delete the superfluous . . . .

:)

Guest struthitsruth

Simplest to follow is surely to quote the lot and then highlight and delete the superfluous . . . .

:)

Thank you, it worked......... ;)

:( *sobs quietly* I thought the dot dots were so effective too

:P

I must be the odd one out....it really doesn't bother me in the slightest.

It doesn't bother me either.

Once you get along thread it would become difficult to know who was replying to who WITHOUT reading the quote.

NDL

Guest growl

Once you get along thread it would become difficult to know who was replying to who WITHOUT reading the quote.

NDL

Ah yes. I mean at the beginning and when it is a full copy. But appreciate that newbies to forums maybe unaware how to edit.

Perhaps it could be mentioned as in posting manners...or well that's too far, well not a rule...but somewhere..heck I've had a few drinks now. I dunno didn't think this thread would still be here when I started it very sober earlier. :)

Good advice is like a regular trip to the dentist...sometimes painful yet needed.

visit www.ellieswebdesign.com for all your small business web development needs.

read great fantasy fiction in ebook form at www.ellieswebsite.net

Great idea! At the same time lets get rid of these stupid little messages that some people insist on adding after their signatures. Wouldn't you agree, growl? :D

p

Great idea! At the same time lets get rid of these stupid little messages that some people insist on adding after their signatures. Wouldn't you agree, growl? :D

p

What, those mesages that we were all encouraged to add not that long ago? :lol:

Seriously, it makes sense to me to quote only the part of the post that you are replying to. If that's the whole post then quote the whole post but in 99% of cases it's only a relatively small part that needs quoting. This would make the quotes a lot more relevant IMO.