House Price Crash Forum

Black Tuesday...

Opened a can of Branston baked beans over the weekend

You'll regret that when you're sitting in a cold room lit by candlelight, an empty plate on your lap and the street next door in flames.

Although, in such circumstances, maybe a can of beans isn't going to do much to cheer you up very much.

Live now, pay later.

Are the Banksters trying to light a fire under Bernanke? The FOMC Statement is on Wednesday so I'm wondering if they are trying to ease him into the money helicopter again by tanking the markets.

Either that or we are now past the point of no return and the whole fetid lot is coming down - it's going to happen at some point. Nothing has been fixed since the crisis started, infact the situation is much much worse thanks the the debt expansion.

The only question left to ask is does it end with an inflationary depression or a deflationary one? Doesn't really matter, as the end result will be the same, we'll either be rolling in worthless money and have no money at all, net result, we're fooked.

Keep stacking... Baked beans... :lol:

The US bond market is at breaking point. There has never been a moment like it in US history...mark my words. The explosion is coming and it won't be nuclear. US bond market collapse will dwarf the stock and US house market collapse because it is around 7 x bigger.

The US bond market is at breaking point. There has never been a moment like it in US history...mark my words. The explosion is coming and it won't be nuclear. US bond market collapse will dwarf the stock and US house market collapse because it is around 7 x bigger.

What makes you think they won't just print more money and buy their own bonds again?

I can't help think that if they were going to allow a deflationary collapse they would have done so the first time around. They seem to have got the bug for monetising debt.. I'd be amazed if they changed tack at this stage in the game.

Edit to add: they may well let markets fall further before they panic enough to print more money.. but I wouldn't bet on an ultimately deflationary outcome, especially since there was so little dissent last time.

Edited by libspero

What makes you think they won't just print more money and buy their own bonds again?

I can't help think that if they were going to allow a deflationary collapse they would have done so the first time around. They seem to have got the bug for monetising debt.. I'd be amazed if they changed tack at this stage in the game.

Edit to add: they may well let markets fall further before they panic enough to print more money.. but I wouldn't bet on an ultimately deflationary outcome, especially since there was so little dissent last time.

They put Bernanke in because he told everyone he had studied that 1930s and knew how to avoid it again. Problem is, I don't think people have quite worked out yet that he has made the problem worse.

Bernanke has to carry on regardless now because everything that is him - his job, ego, legacy - is wrapped up in printing and printing.

Not for 3 weeks. By then I should get an extra 3c for the pound at least.

Picked up 3c in the last month. Best rate in 2 years, not far (1c) off the best rate in 4 years.

Where did you get it from? I've got a short break next week and need to get some funny money.

I would have thought the Dutch government collapsing had more impact today than a potential Hollande win. He's been ahead in the polls and odds-on with the bookies for ages.

So a Dutch election where the economy sorted is to be the #1 issue. Someone will get a better mandate to fix things.

(It helps that they still have a viable economy, in contrast to one or two ...)

Where did you get it from? I've got a short break next week and need to get some funny money.

I didn't pick it up, I meant the rates picked up.

http://finance.yahoo.com/charts?s=GBPEUR=X#symbol=;range=20080407,20120424;compare=;indicator=volume;charttype=area;crosshair=on;ohlcvalues=0;logscale=off;source=undefined;

There's lots of noise but we are starting to see consistency.

So a Dutch election where the economy sorted is to be the #1 issue. Someone will get a better mandate to fix things.

(It helps that they still have a viable economy, in contrast to one or two ...)

We had a thread here about the Dutch

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=177684&st=0

The report I linked to seemed to suggest the way to fix the economy was to exit the Euro.

It's monetising itself. All the FED are doing is moving it from one pocket to the other.

Or as I would prefer to put it, it is liquidating itself.

Much as a corporation would return money to shareholders.

Held to maturity on CB b/sheets I guess that is correct yep.

It's going to have an unusual effect on bank b/sheets too as it effectively must shrink their b/sheets too. I think. Assets become liabilites and so on......

Edited by Red Knight

LOL :lol:

1300-1340 then 1360-1380 then 1100-1150.

Or maybe it slices through to 200 MA first. Could do.

However trend is definitely down from March.

January for EU mkts.

:D:D:D:D:D:D

OK Apple makes 1380-1400 first. Then stock up on shorts.