House Price Crash Forum

Black Tuesday...

Looks like the stock market could be starting to fall to its real market value? Perhaps the US will print some more to keep the party going?

Anyway I am calling a black Tuesday for tomorrow. :ph34r:

And as if by magic the 100pt drop on the FTSE has gone back under 99pts - you are Mr King adn I claim my £5

Are the Banksters trying to light a fire under Bernanke? The FOMC Statement is on Wednesday so I'm wondering if they are trying to ease him into the money helicopter again by tanking the markets.

Either that or we are now past the point of no return and the whole fetid lot is coming down - it's going to happen at some point. Nothing has been fixed since the crisis started, infact the situation is much much worse thanks the the debt expansion.

The only question left to ask is does it end with an inflationary depression or a deflationary one? Doesn't really matter, as the end result will be the same, we'll either be rolling in worthless money and have no money at all, net result, we're fooked.

Keep stacking... Baked beans... :lol:

German manufacturing down the most for 3 years....unexpectedly.

That should do it.

A direct result of the currency straitjacket known as the Euro, until Germany is able to leave and devalue the DM so that it can compete with Greek and Spanish productivity i fear the German numbers will keep getting worse

Edited by Georgia O'Keeffe

Brave call but is it just a 50 50 call.

Apple reports tomorrow so the DOW is holding out for that news. It won't come until after the markets close on Tuesday evening.

The Apple results are so important to the DOW that it could go either way. If iphone sales are up then the DOW could soar on Wednesday... or if iphone sales are low or flat... and if ipad is nicking customers from the more expensive airbooks... then Apple and the DOW could go down, down, down.

Isn't the bad news already factored into the markets for Tuesday? Wouldn't something nasty have to happen in the Eurozone tonight or tomorrow to create a you know what day?

I'm still in my bullish stance for equities.

To confirm the S&P breakout from 1350, we've got to pull back to retest that level.

http://bigcharts.marketwatch.com/kaavio.Webhost/charts/big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=spx&uf=0&type=2&size=2&sid=3377&style=320&freq=2&entitlementtoken=0c33378313484ba9b46b8e24ded87dd6&time=9&rand=630415699&compidx=aaaaa%3a0&ma=1&maval=30&lf=1&lf2=2&lf3=0&height=444&width=579&mocktick=1

This is what is happening now. If we fall below 1350, we stuck in that channel between 1100 and 1350.

FTSE key level is 5550.

Brave call but is it just a 50 50 call.

Apple reports tomorrow so the DOW is holding out for that news. It won't come until after the markets close on Tuesday evening.

The Apple results are so important to the DOW that it could go either way. If iphone sales are up then the DOW could soar on Wednesday... or if iphone sales are low or flat... and if ipad is nicking customers from the more expensive airbooks... then Apple and the DOW could go down, down, down.

Isn't the bad news already factored into the markets for Tuesday? Wouldn't something nasty have to happen in the Eurozone tonight or tomorrow to create a you know what day?

AAPL is actually a NASDAQ component, as is GOOG. The DOW isn't really that important, both the S&P 500 and the NASDAQ matter more. ;)

Job No. 1 for Benny, Mervo and their fellow central bankers is the bond market. On weeks when they have a lot of Treasury paper to get away they will use the Primary Dealers to shake money out of equities and drive up demand (and hence drive down yields).

This week happens to be such a week, therefore the trend bias: Risk OFF, equities DOWN should be assumed.

Last week, conversely, the US treasury paid down a huge $50bn in expiring short term bills. That cash came back to holders of the paper (again, principally Primary Dealers). They used some of it to goose the fraudexes higher in the first half of the week, but the rest was deployed elsewhere, presumably to retire short-term debt. This also suggests the major players are becoming more risk-averse, corroborating the Risk OFF trade.

Regardless of AAPL's reported performance I'd expect stock market weakness through Friday, when the last of the debt gets auctioned.

Of course, should the ONS declare the UK technically in recession again on Wednesday then we'll see an aggressive sell-off.

Fingers crossed, the £27bn wiped off today is just a start. :lol:

Of course, should the ONS declare the UK technically in recession again on Wednesday then we'll see an aggressive sell-off.

Fingers crossed, the £27bn wiped off today is just a start. :lol:

I suspect the UK recession thing is very close - hence why they created the fuel scare and had us all out buying petrol and diesel.

I suspect they will queer the figures and we will not be in recession - then 6 months from now they will admit that we were.

I suspect the UK recession thing is very close - hence why they created the fuel scare and had us all out buying petrol and diesel.

I suspect they will queer the figures and we will not be in recession - then 6 months from now they will admit that we were.

id be very suprised if the figures are negative this week, mainly because whenever the UK contracts economically the trade balance moves towards balancing (the market working),whenever the UK moves towards growth the trade imbalance reinforces itself which is what its done since the new year, naturally this strived for imbalance = tory rebalancing and 30% (80% down from 90% on here) of the popn believe it so its all good, unexpectedly excessive deficits and all

Edited by Georgia O'Keeffe