House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mark5290

Egg Credit Card

I have had an Egg Credit Card, i paid off the balance of £214.57 on 22.09.05, my account was showing a zero balance a couple of days later, the regular payment date was 03.10.05.

Now when i was checking my current account statement online probably on 03.10.05 i notice a payment to Egg for £0.17p, but the Egg Card balance was still showing £0.00 (Egg require a Direct Debit set up), i send them this message -

Can you tell me why ?0.17 pence has been taken from my bank account and paid against my Egg Credit Card, when in fact i had paid the balance off on 22.09.05, and why the current balance now still shows ?0.00, and not ?0.17 in credit?.

The next day i find my Egg Card balance to be £0.17p in credit, and have received this message -

Dear Mark

I apologise for a direct debit being collected for ?0.17p. As you mentioned you had cleared your statement balance on the 22nd September and there shouldn't have been a direct debit collected.

The direct debit was collected in error and your Egg Card account is now showing a balance of ?0.17p.

Thanks for your message.

Regards

Amrez Ramzan

Internet Customer Services

They made no offer of paying me back my £0.17p, so i thought i am going to have to buy something to get my £0.17p back, so i have just left it there.

I was checking my Egg Balance on 19.10.05 and find the balance to be £0.00, i had a look at the transactions and find they have charged me interest on the £0.17p i was in credit and taken the whole lot as a payment, i send them this message -

You had collected £0.17p in error on my egg card leaving me £0.17p in CREDIT, no attempt was made to pay back my money to my bank account, now i find that you have charged me interest on that £0.17p and taken the whole amount that i was in CREDIT as a payment, leaving me with a £0.00p balance, i have cut up my egg card and i am no longer using it, i have also cancelled my direct debit to prevent you from taking any more of my money in error, i expect you to refund my £0.17p by cheque.

They have replied with this -

Dear Mark

I've checked your account and can see that your current balance is ?0.00

As your balance wasn't cleared in full each month, it became a revolving balance and interest was then charged to the account on a daily basis.

Therefore the period between the statement being produced and the additional payment being received by us, is a time when interest was accrued and I will be unable to refund the ?0.17 via cheque

This interest charge is then shown on the next statement after the additional payment has been received and the the current balance is made up of interest from the previous balance.

Should you have any further questions feel free to contact us.

Thanks for your message.

Regards

Kelly Aitcheson

Internet Customer Services

Does this reply make sense to anyone, as far as i know if you pay the balance before the due date you do not incur interest, and they had already admitted taking the money in error, anyone got any good replys to this latest message?.

I have had an Egg Credit Card, i paid off the balance of £214.57 on 22.09.05, my account was showing a zero balance a couple of days later, the regular payment date was 03.10.05.

Now when i was checking my current account statement online probably on 03.10.05 i notice a payment to Egg for £0.17p, but the Egg Card balance was still showing £0.00 (Egg require a Direct Debit set up), i send them this message -

The next day i find my Egg Card balance to be £0.17p in credit, and have received this message -

They made no offer of paying me back my £0.17p, so i thought i am going to have to buy something to get my £0.17p back, so i have just left it there.

I was checking my Egg Balance on 19.10.05 and find the balance to be £0.00, i had a look at the transactions and find they have charged me interest on the £0.17p i was in credit and taken the whole lot as a payment, i send them this message -

They have replied with this -

Does this reply make sense to anyone, as far as i know if you pay the balance before the due date you do not incur interest, and they had already admitted taking the money in error, anyone got any good replys to this latest message?.

Youve got way too much time on your hands. You are arguing over seventeen pence. :lol::lol::lol::blink:

I had to work damn hard for that 17p, i need all the pennies i can get to pay my BTL mortgage, for some reason the rent never seems to cover it. :P

Seriously though it is only 17p, my point was they had admitted to an error but still kept my money, just glad it was not a larger amount.

I had to work damn hard for that 17p, i need all the pennies i can get to pay my BTL mortgage, for some reason the rent never seems to cover it. :P

Seriously though it is only 17p, my point was they had admitted to an error but still kept my money, just glad it was not a larger amount.

I had the opposite experience with A&L. When I stopped using my A&L Visa card it ended up that there was a balance owing to them of about 25p. There was a DD set up, so they could have taken the money to clear this anytime they wanted, but they left it on the account for about 2 years & didn't charge any interest. When I finally cancelled the card I was expecting a nasty letter demanding the 25p, but no, they just wrote it off.

You might have owed the 17P, but it doesn't matter, once they said it was their mistake...

Well, if you owed them 17P, they would expect you to pay, and on time. And if you didn't they would add in late fees, and up your interest.

So, send them a bill, and give them... I don't know...10 days to pay, then up the interest to 25% and add in a $30 late fee. Add in a new late fee, figure the interest and send them a bill every month. After a few months, start calling them 20 times a day. That is how they would treat you, and you can only assume that is how they would want to be treated. B)

I know 17p is not that much money, but if you take it from enough people it is a lot of money for the company.

The stoozing guys offen get there Egg card in credit, via balance transfers from other cards to then transfer to a normal bank account without any fees :D

Just ask for it to transfered to your current a/c

I'm not sure on the current situation but when the Egg money card came out (4% interest paid while in credit), stoozers who were playing with positive balances and then transferring out were also getting the cashback on moving their own money :P