House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
non-FTBer

Strange Lr Data

I've been plotting LR data for my area for a while.

I even include current months even though they will be updated in future with additional sales (an expected occurence).

What I have seen that is a little strange is where I have revisited the sold numbers for my postcode area 2 months later and the number sold in a particular category (ie. Detached / Semi / Terrace / Flat) has gone down.

I wonder if this is an application error by the data processor (ourproperty) or strange things happening with the LR data at source??

How can LR data show 16 detached houses sold for APR 05 when searching in June, and then show only 15 detached sold for APR 05 when I search today??

Anybody else notice this phenomenon??

I've been plotting LR data for my area for a while.

I even include current months even though they will be updated in future with additional sales (an expected occurence).

What I have seen that is a little strange is where I have revisited the sold numbers for my postcode area 2 months later and the number sold in a particular category (ie. Detached / Semi / Terrace / Flat) has gone down.

I wonder if this is an application error by the data processor (ourproperty) or strange things happening with the LR data at source??

How can LR data show 16 detached houses sold for APR 05 when searching in June, and then show only 15 detached sold for APR 05 when I search today??

Anybody else notice this phenomenon??

I'm probably wrong (again) but isn't there something about pads sold to developers don't show up until the development is sold ? Maybe the missing pad was incorrectly added to the registry ?

Guest growl

I've been noticing weird stuff with the LR recently aswell. But it may be becuase we are watching things so closely. There's probably a ratonal explanation.

I've been noticing weird stuff with the LR recently aswell. But it may be becuase we are watching things so closely. There's probably a ratonal explanation.

I've seen it earlier this summer when one sale of a flat in my block of flats disappeared from LR database (search via nethouseprices.com and ourproperty.co.uk confirmed that). Back in Feb 2005 this sale was still showing up in searches. And my block of flats isn't a new build at all, maybe 20-ish years old. :unsure:

Interestingly enough, that sale was the cheapest of all recorded.