House Price Crash Forum

Uk March Inflation Unexpectedly Accelerates For First Time In 6 Months

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I quite enjoyed this reminder of what members of the Bank of England's Monetary Policy Commitee have told us in the past.

http://www.mindfulmoney.co.uk/wp/shaun-richards/japan-lends-free-money-to-the-imf-whilst-the-uks-inflation-rise-embarasses-the-bank-of-england/#disqus_thread

Still never mind adding more QE when you are above your inflation target will help.......Oh wait a minute!

I enjoyed these so thanks. Mr.Posen will be reminded soon of his promise to resign if inflation is not 1.5% this summer. It is looking ever less likely.

Thanks for posting.

Remember the B of E fan chart?

I wonder how far out that is looking right now?

The fan chart has been quite dependable as an instrument of prediction - i.e. Inflation has been consistently right at the top end of the mahoosive spread they predict.

Raise you Biflation.

Seems interesting.

I still think we have stagflation though

given that house prices have never been included in the calculation or definition of inflation.

We sure as Hell haven't got - nor will ever have deflation

:blink:

Thanks for posting.

Remember the B of E fan chart?

I wonder how far out that is looking right now?

Interestingly the BoE have removed all the old publications of the quarterly Inflation Report from their website. You can now only view the latest one.

http://www.bankofengland.co.uk/publications/Pages/inflationreport/default.aspx

You used to be able to read through all the old inflation forecasts and laugh out loud at the fan chart predictions. Not any more.

Too much knowledge is bad for you.

November 2009:

X0cCk.png

February 2010:

rDw8m.png

February 2011:

XAWTg.png

Also: (Nov 2009):

r3TvM.png

Not sure for whom your 'rule of thumb' is for, but it makes little sense to buy a deflating asset with credit. Credit is used to buy something before you actually have the money, and is costly. For many things, therefore, it makes even more sense to wait until you can afford it - and at a s cheaper price.

And there's the deflation.

I guess commodity prices will slump from this point too.

Interestingly the BoE have removed all the old publications of the quarterly Inflation Report from their website. You can now only view the latest one.

You used to be able to read through all the old inflation forecasts and laugh out loud at the fan chart predictions. Not any more.

Too much knowledge is bad for you.

Typical :rolleyes:

Crafty lot.

thanks for reproducing those fan charts.

I enjoyed these so thanks. Mr.Posen will be reminded soon of his promise to resign if inflation is not 1.5% this summer. It is looking ever less likely.

As much as I'd love to see the ginger fraud and CIA stooge humiliated, don't underestimate his low cunning.

In the past, Posen has focused on measures such as CPI-Y (CPI less the direct effect of VAT change) and CPI-CT (CPI constant taxes) in an effort to cover his tracks.

He's probably contrived some metric for the summer (CPI-PO, CPI less the Posen Obfuscation) that automagically adjusts headline inflation to a rate below 2%.

laugh.gif