House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Alfie Moon

West Midlands

This is just a snippet of anecdotal evidence of what the situation is like in the West Midlands, and more particularly Worcester. In Worcester there are the usual big chain Estate Agents and also some more local Estate Agents. One of the more local Estate Agents (which has been established for a long time) admitted, in conversation, that the house market is dying and that many Estate Agents are likely to go belly up in the next 12 - 18 months. He gives his own business about 12 months before it goes under unless the market picks up dramatically. Currently,he says, most Estate Agents are running at a loss.

Perhaps this will force Estate Agents to become more aggressive in getting vendors to accept lower asking/selling prices.

Anyone else got any info about the West Midlands housing market?

Well I'm STR in Worcester too - it was a nightmare shifting our place in 'one of the most desireable villages in Worcs'....

I've been looking to move to a larger rental house and this week 3 of the 4 places I visited had also been up for sale long term (one for 18 months) and the owner's have now decided to rent them out.

I was offered a house that was on the market for £575k for a monthly rent of £1100... crap return should you have a mortgage to finance.