House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
RichM

Fragile Feelgood Factor

I don't see how they can keep lowering IRs to get the economy going.

I will grant the bulls one thing; GB has done a good job of persuading the masses that they can have it all. People don't expect any major shocks just yet, things have been too "stable".

I wonder if people will behave even more erratically when they realise that all is not well.

I don't see how they can keep lowering IRs to get the economy going.

I will grant the bulls one thing; GB has done a good job of persuading the masses that they can have it all. People don't expect any major shocks just yet, things have been too "stable".

I wonder if people will behave even more erratically when they realise that all is not well.

Thing is Rich so many people have never seen a recession, I left uni 10 years ago and I have never had to work through a recession, luckily I have 2 elder brothers who, in addition to their friends often remidn me of this fact.

I don't care what the VIs say about house prices never falling when a mate of my brothers tells me that he paid £75k for a one bed flat in 1990 that only got back to that value by 2002. My brother remembers a house in my parents town that was £250k in 1990, sold for £70k in 1996 and is now back on the market for £300k......... £100k in 2010?

i learned one thing from studying the french revolution.

and it was this,

economic chaos quickly leads to revolt.

whereas war, executions and state terror seldom do.

they simply drive people closer to the state.

the Guardian is Pravda for New Labour third way totalitarians.

they have had their wars . they practice torture .

they now are implementing state terror.

they have got away with this because the economic good times have flowed from HPI.,

when HPI stops and recession starts all their terror and war and torture will be of no account.

ITS THE ECONOMY STUPID.

Edited by unlikelyevents