House Price Crash Forum

I feel like a turncoat, or a scab, but isn't this what Housepricecrash is all about?

Asking price £395,000

Offer £325,000

Deal £330,000

Mr O'Spawn £9,900

Now I've finally found somewhere to live after four years of derisory offers, I don't much care what happens to it's 'value.' But I wish you well at Housepricecrash, a beacon of sanity flickering bravely in a world gone mad. I can only repeat my advice - get out there and bombard poor deluded sellers with derisory (or realistic) offers. If enough of you do it their confidence, and prices, will start heading south.

Good bye and good luck.

Well done, that's a decent amount off. As you're a member here you'll have got a good mortgage deal that you can easily afford and can look forward to many happy years in your home.

I'm with Doccy at the moment, no need to buy so I'm waiting for value to emerge.

I feel like a turncoat, or a scab, but isn't this what Housepricecrash is all about?

Asking price £395,000

Offer £325,000

Deal £330,000

Mr O'Spawn £9,900

Now I've finally found somewhere to live after four years of derisory offers, I don't much care what happens to it's 'value.' But I wish you well at Housepricecrash, a beacon of sanity flickering bravely in a world gone mad. I can only repeat my advice - get out there and bombard poor deluded sellers with derisory (or realistic) offers. If enough of you do it their confidence, and prices, will start heading south.

Good bye and good luck.

Just yesterday I made an offer exactly the same as yours, on exactly the same asking price. Waiting by the phone now to hear what the vendor things, but spookily I'm also not prepared to increase by more than 5k.

Like you I have also decided life's too short and am going to use the leverage that renting with a deposit and mortgage offer in hand gives us over people who have to sell up first to drive a hard bargain.

I've only been looking at properties where the seller has been living for a long time, ruling out places bought in the final stages of the boom as they won't be in a position to be motivated to accept my offer.

Good luck with the move, I hope I can achieve similar.

Asking price £395,000

Offer £325,000

Deal £330,000

Mr O'Spawn £9,900

Good bye and good luck.

Well done, hope you enjoy your new place.