House Price Crash Forum
Guest The Dude

Who's The Cleverest Hpcer

http://www.bbc.co.uk/testthenation/

Just done the IQ test. I got 107. Go on...have a go. . There must be some clever people on this site...

Dude by purely focusing on an English test is no reflection of your nor my IQ. However now that you ask about it I have taken a real IQ test and scored 134. Not enough for Mensa, thank ******. :lol::lol::lol::P

http://www.bbc.co.uk/testthenation/

Just done the IQ test. I got 107. Go on...have a go. . There must be some clever people on this site...

"Mirror, Mirror on the wall"

Why is 'mirror' repeated - when you only see one reflection?

Guest The Dude

Dude by purely focusing on an English test is no reflection of your nor my IQ. However now that you ask about it I have taken a real IQ test and scored 134. Not enough for Mensa, thank ******. :lol::lol::lol::P

Well done Shaker.

:)

157 was the best i ever scored (not on the bbc one). Im intelligent enough to realise that intelligence is nothing if you dont use it. My brother has about the same intellect as me yet he has no common sense, my sister who find it more difficult to apply what shes learnt has a differnt sort of knowledge... she knows people and places, she would beat me hands down in a pop / social quiz.

The ability to apply what you learn is handy and it makes it easier for some people to do _stuff_ but someone witha lower IQ who really wants to learn can easily p*ss all over the person with the higher IQ who does not want to learn.

A lower IQ does not necessarily make you stupid, other factors come in to play - personally i cannot hold numbers in my head so im really crap at mental arithmatic, if i can write the numbers down so i can see them (without any operators i.e +- / * %) then i can work it out just fine.

Funny thing IQ tests... you can actually practice for them :blink: anyways.. time for work. Its friday and i have next week off Woooohooooo mofos

I got 97. Rather disappointed. Wish I had a photographic memory :ph34r:

I wouldn't worry about it. I took one of these tests and scored about 120. Personally, I think they're a load of b*ll*cks. Smartest guy I know is a postman, may not have the best education but if you say that your car/computer/whatever is broke he'll fix it. You bet, if there is a bad recession, he'll be in work and I will probably struggle.

IQ tests measure intelligence in a way the people who designed the tests perceive intelligence as being and so are flawed. I've had 110-155 in past tests. I believe intelligence is the ability to understand data (whether it be maths, economics or social) and use it in a beneficial manner. True intelligence, wisdom, is impossible to measure in a 10 minute test as it is the ability to learn from your mistakes and others.

Edited by large

If you really want to find out how smart you are, do the Hoeflin Power Test. No time limit, although the author says that about 1 day per question (36 questions) is reasonable.

Someone with an IQ of 120 or less should get no questions right.

If you get 36 right you will have an IQ of 197+

Average is 100, so you did exceptional.

It depends which test it is. The BBC test has a maximum of 150, and an average of 100, others have much higher.

I've changed my mind. I think IQ tests are very acurate. I just got 128 on the BBC one.

I did a supervised Mensa test when I was 17 & got 164. I daren't do one now as I suspect 15 years of alcohol and other substances will have taken their toll :(

yeah, yeah, well mines even longer m8.... oh but it got away.