House Price Crash Forum

Isn't it strange how our old buddy TTRTR. appears like Brigadoon in a puff of mist and mirrors with the latest bullish VI quote of the day, the retires without further comment, to watch with sad eyes presumably his depleting by the day capital gains on his BTL property portfolio. Don't even mention his falling rental returns!

To those who don't know him: he has consistantly backed the losing nag in a string of one horse races.

TTRTR. Its all about timing

Looks like you consistantly hit the vinegar stroke at the wrong time and once again your opportunities are stifled as a result....

There are treatments available for your condition you know?

Edited by Randall Herbert

Isn't it strange how our old buddy TTRTR. appears like Brigadoon in a puff of mist and mirrors with the latest bullish VI quote of the day, the retires without further comment, to watch with sad eyes presumably his depleting by the day capital gains on his BTL property portfolio. Don't even mention his falling rental returns!

To those who don't know him: he has consistantly backed the losing nag in a string of one horse races.

Looks like you consistantly hit the vinegar stroke at the wrong time and once again your opportunities are stifled as a result....

what a coincidence, his b4stard son thelittleguy is browsing this topic right now ! :lol:

Thing is, TTRTR has implied on a number of occasions that he's buying houses and stuffing them full of as many immigrants as he can fit. As such, I have little doubt that he can make enough money on rent to pay the mortgage and make a profit, even if he may be losing money on house price deflation.

So while I disagree with him on a lot of things, I don't think he's as dumb as he's often made out to be.

You just don't get it do you? No-one want's to chat with the HPC crowd; you're a bunch of nutters and everyone knows it. It's fun to just drop by and taunt you with reality, though.

If sign_of_the_times is right about your lineage then I have to say, that response was really not up to your daddy's style, although I really don't understand the animosity for TTRTR.

He's actually very funny when you get past an ideological dislike of the landlord class as a general category, and in terms of his advice, he probably won't make much of a loss with the crash because he's bought in the right places as he advises all others to do.

He's not a "you'll never have anything if you don't panic now and buy any crap at any cost" bull. For buyers like me that can't afford the decent areas at all any more the advice doesn't really help, but I think he's genuine. He's just richer than me, thats all.

Thing is, TTRTR has implied on a number of occasions that he's buying houses and stuffing them full of as many immigrants as he can fit. As such, I have little doubt that he can make enough money on rent to pay the mortgage and make a profit, even if he may be losing money on house price deflation.

So while I disagree with him on a lot of things, I don't think he's as dumb as he's often made out to be.

He's not dumb,

but we only have his word for it.

Everyone is handsome/beautiful on the internet......

Why would a perma bull frequent such a site as HPC? Unless of course he thinks that by posting the latest VI Bliar type spin of the day he will in some way spur us all on into buying expensive long term unaffordable debt in order to continue to line his GREEDY pockets?

He's not an investor, he is a PERMA bull. No real investor is a bull or a bear, but a master of disguises.

Edited by Randall Herbert

Why would a perma bull frequent such a site as HPC?

Unlike thelittleguy I think he actually likes our company...

I think its best to ask people directly... TTRTR, why do you hang here?

Another HPC hopeful thats thinks not owning is better than owning several properties. Explain please?

By all means take the mick out of jack the lad who bought a new build flat for £200K but what have you done that can qualify you to mock Ttrtr?

Apart from your desire for house prices to crash :P

I'm not so sure that TTRTR is a bull as such.....does he preach that prices will go up? I think he only defends his own business structure, which he says is profitable. He buys for yield, not capital gain from what I can tell. If he intends to hold in perpetuity and makes a spread over his financing costs, then capital values are not so relevant.

It's easy to criticise him if you think he can get a better return elsewhere, but his argument makes sense. If you are experienced in managing supermarkets, you don't take your money out and manage an oil company instead just because it offers higher returns. Businessmen stick to what they know, and rightly so.

You just don't get it do you? No-one want's to chat with the HPC crowd; you're a bunch of nutters and everyone knows it. It's fun to just drop by and taunt you with reality, though.

Drrr. Is a taunt not a form of 'chat'. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Move on wee man, nothing to see here for you. :P:P:P:P

I'm not so sure that TTRTR is a bull as such.....does he preach that prices will go up? I think he only defends his own business structure, which he says is profitable. He buys for yield, not capital gain from what I can tell. If he intends to hold in perpetuity and makes a spread over his financing costs, then capital values are not so relevant.

It's easy to criticise him if you think he can get a better return elsewhere, but his argument makes sense. If you are experienced in managing supermarkets, you don't take your money out and manage an oil company instead just because it offers higher returns. Businessmen stick to what they know, and rightly so.

A lot of sense in this post, there is something to be said for 'sticking with your knitting'. Best to try to do one thing well rather than many things half baked(like investing in stocks).

Ooo...I nearly missed this one. I feel like a celebrity now, you know what celbrities say, there's only one thing worse than being talked about & that's not being talked about.

I've never understood your hostility to me RH, but I can live with it.

I've been away for the last month, firstly I was doing a course, then I spent 20 days in Australia & just returned 2 days ago. I didn't have very good internet access while I was there, but still managed a few posts.

On why I like this place:

1/ I came from a poor background as a foster child & am now financially independant. I think anyone can do it & here is agood place for me to tell people they can do it.

2/ There's always a news story here that I wouldn't otherwise hear about.

3/ This is the first internet forum I found so this is like home (even though I have often hated the censorship employed by some of the moderators in the past).

On my purchase that I'm still trying to put together:

- I am at 7.1% cheaper than asking price on a place now. I put that offer in yesterday after a 2nd viewing on tuesday when I passed through London on the way to Sweden from Australia.

I'm hoping I'll get this one actually. It's got the unusual fully built cellar (those cost 60k+ to build) with a granite benchtop kitchen & a limestone tiled bathroom. Very unusual for tenants to get that standard in shared houses, plus the loft hasn't been done even though it'll be a 6 bedroom house even before the loft is done. But if I get this one (or probably any other on this point) I will be trying to stretch the settlement into next year to avoid looking for tenants at Christmas. This house will make a profit of around 900pcm before a loft conversion is done BTW.

When it's no longer possible to find these places, I'll join you bears, but until then, I am a bull.