House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Fudge

Homeowners Who'd Rather Rent

Warren Buffett sold-to-rent a few months back (ok, it was his holiday pad).

Charlie Munger said that prices were completely ludicrous.

There must be some very great fools buying property in America.

Yep, we sold our home last year for 2.5 times what we paid for it in the early 90s. When *all* of our solid middle class friends said they could not afford to buy in our solid middle class neighboorhood, we knew something was wrong.

We will rent until prices are reasonable again. Could be next year, or 20 years, makes no difference to us.

I saw an ad on T.V. Tuesday night. It was for a new subdivision. They used words like immediate occupancy, and free upgrades. These were the same people who wouldn't say boo to you, and expected you to wiat years and years on a waiting list only 6 months ago. Only to be told the price had doubled by the time it was your turn. I wonder what happened? :D

The lady down the street just sold her home, 13K LESS than what it was appraised for last year. She lost her job, and had to sell. Couldn't hold out and hope for a better offer.

This thing seems to be turning on a dime in the US (at least Northern Nevada) I wonder why things are going so slow in the UK?

This thing seems to be turning on a dime in the US (at least Northern Nevada) I wonder why things are going so slow in the UK?

They're still building like crazy in your neck of the woods, that's a nice lot of excess supply, if only the same was true in the UK outside of crappy 2-bed 'luxury apartments', which are usually system build cardboard boxes next to a busy ring-road.