House Price Crash Forum

Beach Hut Outside Bournemouth Yours For £146K

juvenal

http://www.bournemou..._for___146_000/

Last one sold at asking for £126K a couple of weeks ago. This one is £146K...

You can't get a car within half of mile of these particular huts....

Plenty of money still about...

My mate offered me a 50% split on his for £70,000 but we figured we wouldn't use it enough so he sold his one further up for £140,000 and it wasn't in as good a spot as that one

He would get £80/night and had it booked regularly

Buying one is the easy bit, ground rent is about £200 / month, you can't stay in them in certain winter months and stamp duty on sale is about £20K direct to the council

They ain't cheap...

It's a great great place and I have stayed in one many times but wouldn't buy one

The quiet ones are fab, the ones close to the cafe/restaurant are too noisy for my liking

hengistbury head is well worth a visit if in the Bournemouth area

Edited by robo1968

£146k? :blink: Absolutely bonkers!

How much would a holiday flat cost in Bournemouth? :unsure:

I know and agree BUT if you have the money and don't want anything else I suppose why not

It's not for me but I can see why people do it, they spend the whole summer holiday down there, people go to work on the ferry and come back at night, kids just play all day, it is a good upbringing for them.... and they tend to get their money back atleast

I have just come back from VLN practise at the Nurburgring where people pay £300K a year running a race team, it's just a different passion for those who can afford it

To be honest if i could live in that all year and I could make it warm snug and weatherproof I would rather buy that than a soul destroying bedsit in some concrete metropolis. ;)

There is plenty of money about - just drove back from Bournemouth, lots of new cars on the road.

Sure shops are closing and Game is probably going to to make a few more redundant from today, but these aren't the people buying these shacks.

To be honest if i could live in that all year and I could make it warm snug and weatherproof I would rather buy that than a soul destroying bedsit in some concrete metropolis. ;)

You can buy holiday chalets (not 'park homes') for a few thousand quid, with ground rent and c/tax etc about £200 a month. Spend the time when you're not legally allowed to occupy it (usually 1-3 months of the year) in digs or on nearby campsites in a camper van. If I was on 'breadline Britain' that's how I'd live.

You can buy holiday chalets (not 'park homes') for a few thousand quid, with ground rent and c/tax etc about £200 a month. Spend the time when you're not legally allowed to occupy it (usually 1-3 months of the year) in digs or on nearby campsites in a camper van. If I was on 'breadline Britain' that's how I'd live.

There was one of those parked on display outside the local mall recently - about £9000. About the same size as a small I bed flat.

They must be feeling the pich as that's the first time I've seen them having to try to sell that way.

Nice idea, like a log cabin with wood burning stove, why can't it be 12 months a year? why does it have to be 'breadline Britain'? ;)

logcabinholiday-satbyfireplace.jpg

Nice idea, like a log cabin with wood burning stove, why can't it be 12 months a year? why does it have to be 'breadline Britain'? ;)

Is that your house! Your television looks strange! :o

...as you can tell I don't watch a lot of television....that is the solar panel I brought it in to recharge overnight. ;)

When did you become a Government energy consultant? :blink:

You can't get a car within half of mile of these particular huts....

You can, either park at Christchurch and take the small boat across to your hut, about 100 yards of water or if you have a key for the barrier ;-). Otherwise it is the noddy train for you.

My uncle used to own one of the biggest huts on the head but long since sold, think he got a couple of hundred for it back in the day. In the summer we used to drive out to the hut in my Grandad's big old Buick super. We used to ride on the running boards along the dirt road out to the head or sometimes he'd let us drive the car. Those were the days.

Edited by davidg

They could always sell that concrete hut on top of Hengistbury head which looks down at the inferior mudeford wooden huts down there. I reckon that would fetch £1m as there is only one in the whole world. icon_yippee.gif

weather-building.jpg

Edited by MrTReturns

It can't be 12 months a year because then it becomes a permanent residence, and all the vested interests dedicated to the restriction of people owning their own home/plot of land kick in. Prices would rocket by about 20 times to the level of 'park homes'.

There are some 1950s style chalets on the Isle of Sheppey in Kent selling for under £2000, with ground rent and c/tax about £200 a month. Closed 3 months of the year, but during that time you could camp in a motorhome or if your work/benefit scrounging allowed, you could just rent a cheap place in the med off season. It doesn't look like you can use the land around for gardening though, which is annoying, but I'd still prefer living there to a room in a dss shared house.

I say 'breadline Britain' as it would be my preferred choice if I was living on a very low income.

It can't be 12 months a year because then it becomes a permanent residence, and all the vested interests dedicated to the restriction of people owning their own home/plot of land kick in. Prices would rocket by about 20 times to the level of 'park homes'.

There are some 1950s style chalets on the Isle of Sheppey in Kent selling for under £2000, with ground rent and c/tax about £200 a month. Closed 3 months of the year, but during that time you could camp in a motorhome or if your work/benefit scrounging allowed, you could just rent a cheap place in the med off season. It doesn't look like you can use the land around for gardening though, which is annoying, but I'd still prefer living there to a room in a dss shared house.

I say 'breadline Britain' as it would be my preferred choice if I was living on a very low income.

We know a family who did that, they lived in the UK for about 10 years, spent 9 months on a van site, the winter months in a 'mates rates' house, saved up lots of money, took it to Indonesia and built a hotel there.