House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Hopeful FTB

Cardiff & The Valleys

Well the 2 of the 3 houses near me are still on the market. One has been taken off the market and has been put up for rent, but no takers despite being for rent for a good few months. The other two are still asking daft prices (even though small reductions have been made) - one place has been on the market for approaching 18months now at least.

CPS one of the letting agencies are opening up an estate agency by the looks of it - to sell off the houses they can't rent out perhaps?

Plus they're still building loads of 2BR appartments (near the station, sports village, county hall), no idea who is buying them, property pages in the echo running advertorials pushing the idea of how great BTL is and how great these new 2BR apartments are. I certainly wouldn't want to be an owner of a 2BR at the mo or in the near future :lol:

Abergavenny prices are ridiculous. Also they seem static, in my street nothing has sold for months & months (in some cases years). It seems there is still a stand-off between buyers and sellers.

I did speak to a EA recently and they said they are selling loads but I have seen no evidence of that.

Well the 2 of the 3 houses near me are still on the market. One has been taken off the market and has been put up for rent, but no takers despite being for rent for a good few months. The other two are still asking daft prices (even though small reductions have been made) - one place has been on the market for approaching 18months now at least.

CPS one of the letting agencies are opening up an estate agency by the looks of it - to sell off the houses they can't rent out perhaps?

Plus they're still building loads of 2BR appartments (near the station, sports village, county hall), no idea who is buying them, property pages in the echo running advertorials pushing the idea of how great BTL is and how great these new 2BR apartments are. I certainly wouldn't want to be an owner of a 2BR at the mo or in the near future :lol:

As a Cardiff based developer I can tell you that properties which are priced around 5% below similar condition houses will still sell in most areas, I have sold a number of houses fairly quickly this year although I do think prices will soften further, since the summer correctly priced properties have found buyers, obviously there are too many exclusively BTL type properties around and these seem to struggle. These really started to go off the boil 18 months ago and are v. difficult to sell although they are only an indicator of just a sector of the market. Established Landlords are still buying larger properties around Roath area if they lend themselves to redevelopment and have cashflow positive yield.

I have recently sold a number of family homes in residential areas and popular modern estates which have on average completed within 4 months of being marketed.

No evidence of HPC in Cardiff.

http://www.proviser.com/regional/towns/car...es/price_trend/

Abergavenny prices are ridiculous. Also they seem static, in my street nothing has sold for months & months (in some cases years). It seems there is still a stand-off between buyers and sellers.

I did speak to a EA recently and they said they are selling loads but I have seen no evidence of that.

You're right:price are ridiculous in Abergavenny. The evidence suggests your town is still in the grip of house price mania and there's no evidence of any price correction let alone a HPC. A grotesque graph. Those of a weak disposition should not look.

http://www.proviser.com/regional/towns/abe...es/price_trend/

Edited by Baz63

No evidence of HPC in Cardiff.

http://www.proviser.com/regional/towns/car...es/price_trend/

You're right:price are ridiculous in Abergavenny. The evidence suggests your town is still in the grip of house price mania and there's no evidence of any price correction let alone a HPC. A grotesque graph. Those of a weak disposition should not look.

http://www.proviser.com/regional/towns/abe...es/price_trend/

This graph is not a pretty sight! The only good news is that houses are not selling that well at the moment. I have seen posts by The Masked Tulip which show Swansea is being hit - I hope it spreads to Abergavenny!!