House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
scavenger2012

Kirstie Allsopp

Only £17.99 too... bargain!

LOL. Blimey. I wouldn't go on the London underground carrying that anyway.

Is that a loaded gun in your carrier bag or are you... etc etc...

*EDIT: I need to say that I think some of the anti-K&P stuff is funny, but a little extreme. Remember it's only a joke. She is just a typical person who knows all about knocking down walls to expand kitchens, but nothing about the global wall of cheap credit collapsing upon her from Greenspan's Fed. Ignorant, people don't question what's too good to be true. It doesn't make them consciously evil - just daft and greedy. Typical human failings (my hand is up here).

woooah, there - she is NOT a 'typical person'; she is a TV personality in a very powerful position to get a message across - a position she abuses by choosing to ramp the market up with her partner in crime.

True, she may not be 'consciously evil', but being greedy she certainly is and her greed is affecting many viewers who are getting themselves up to the armpits in debt to get on that fabled ladder at all costs.

Yes, we can joke about her weight, looks, accent etc. but in terms of what she stands for, I am deadly serious in my condemnation of her! :angry:

I condemn her opinion. But I can't help remembering times when I thought I was absolutely right, but later realised I was missing a massive chunk of information. Eric Drexler says that human minds are excellent at spotting inconsistencies in information, but very poor at spotting gaping holes.

IMHO opinion Kirstie ramps the market purely for her own immediate selfish financial gain, to the detriment of all society.

I think it's quite disgusting.

She should be on trial like those reporters from the Mirror for their attempts to ramp shares.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/3793739.stm

IMHO opinion Kirstie ramps the market purely for her own immediate selfish financial gain, to the detriment of all society.

I think it's quite disgusting.

She should be on trial like those reporters from the Mirror for their attempts to ramp shares.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/3793739.stm

Surely it is no easier to persuade a nation to buy overpriced houses than it is for the govt. to prop up a falling market, or for HPC.co.uk to talk the market down?

I think her ilk have made a contribution, but only a small one. These programmes came to the fore AFTER the bubble started to inflate, as their producers hoped to make a few quid on the back of the booming market.

Talking up the shares of a small company is one thing, but talking up a leveraged housing market is something altogether different.

Best thing the devil did was makeing people thinck he doesn't exist.

Likewise the biggest benefit to the bankers/wallstereet/globalist was selling us the con that inflation is a cost of godd thing rather than a monetary event.

Guest Bart of Darkness
Surely it is no easier to persuade a nation to buy overpriced houses than it is for the govt. to prop up a falling market, or for HPC.co.uk to talk the market down?

HPC.co.uk would find it a darn sight easier to talk the market down if it had as many hours of TV devoted to it as all the many property shows do (not counting repeats of said shows on terrestrial and digital).

HPC.co.uk would find it a darn sight easier to talk the market down if it had as many hours of TV devoted to it as all the many property shows do (not counting repeats of said shows on terrestrial and digital).

The government seem to have the whole media batting for them.....is it going to keep prices up?

Did Kirsty grow up in Derbyshire by any chance?

Derbyshire...? I'm probably being a bit thick but what's the reference there?