House Price Crash Forum

When Will The Ftse Hit 5500 Again?

munimula

HOLA441

I don't think many companies will be forecasting increasing revenues from here, in fact the reverse is likely. Therefore have we seen the end of the recent bull run and will there be a return to the downward trend started in 2000?

Was the recent FTSE peak at 5500 the last time we will see 5500 for while?

HOLA442

I don't think many companies will be forecasting increasing revenues from here, in fact the reverse is likely. Therefore have we seen the end of the recent bull run and will there be a return to the downward trend started in 2000?

March 2006.

Nomadd

HOLA443

December 2005.

HOLA444

When Will The Ftse Hit 5500 Again?

I thought the question would have been – How low will she go!

The FTSE does not seem to be over priced as it reached 6500 ish in the year 2000.

As I don’t think it will be as bad as the last recession (as the markets seem low) I would have thought that it would not drop more that 500 and only for a year.

"When Will The Ftse Hit 5500 Again" - I think next year in August

HOLA445
HOLA446

I think most of these companies are international players now. The health of the FT may not be fully representative of the health of the UK economy; I think they have become detached. What do you think?.

To some extent, yes. However the credit bubble is global. All of the major markets took a dive today in tandem. So much for portfolio theory.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
  • 4 weeks later...
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

If the current run continues, it may well hit 5,500 sooner than we all thought...

We are at the dawn of an unprecidented global boom as a result of the opportunities that arise for us to supply the emerging economies that have begun thier enexorable rise. Third wolrd citizens demand nothing less and this time round thier leaders (with a shrinking number of exceptions) must deliver.

I see the FTSE at 10000 in 5 years time.

HOLA4413

The stock market's looking great, IMHO.

We are entering a phase where the corporate world will enjoy boom times, whilst the private individual will be hammered. I wouldn't touch most retailing stocks or housing stocks, however.

Let's not forget, that when the property market was rising like crazy, the stock market tanked. I see the absolute reverse happening. There's so much money sloshing around, as there's always been, that it will want to find a home somewhere, and the stock market should provide that place.

Put simply, over the next 5-10 years;

Property - Bad

Consumer spending - Bad

Debt default - Bad

Corporate earnings - Good

Stocks - Good

And when most of the cash has been pumped into shares out of property, that'll be the time to begin another property bull market.....in about 2011. So on and so on

HOLA4414

The stock market's looking great, IMHO.

We are entering a phase where the corporate world will enjoy boom times, whilst the private individual will be hammered. I wouldn't touch most retailing stocks or housing stocks, however.

Let's not forget, that when the property market was rising like crazy, the stock market tanked. I see the absolute reverse happening. There's so much money sloshing around, as there's always been, that it will want to find a home somewhere, and the stock market should provide that place.

Put simply, over the next 5-10 years;

Property - Bad

Consumer spending - Bad

Debt default - Bad

Corporate earnings - Good

Stocks - Good

And when most of the cash has been pumped into shares out of property, that'll be the time to begin another property bull market.....in about 2011. So on and so on

careful there...it's not everything in the FTSE that will bag you a gain.

certainly the likes of BP,BHP should be included...but retailers and any interest-rate sensitive stuff is in for a rough ride.

FTSE WILL hit 5500 again and hold it!....but I wouldn't be so optimistic as dogbox for major gains in ANY western index for a few years......next good one I can see on the books is 2008.Until then I think we will probably tread water between 5000 and 6000....and probably down next year.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

Why did you say that?

I think it's probably the lack of tact. That and the fact you are a bit of ball-head (pronounced baw-heed - dont know the English equivalent). Very male traits.

PS I have them, but I dont call myself a lady, although I do wear a lovely sequined dress occaisionaly. I dont believe in gender stereotyping.

Edited by jellybean

HOLA4422

I think it's probably the lack of tact. That and the fact you are a bit of ball-head (pronounced baw-heed - dont know the English equivalent). Very male traits.

PS I have them, but I dont call myself a lady, although I do wear a dress ocaisionaly. I dont believe in gender stereotyping.

possibly also the traits of an entrepreneur (?sp)

HOLA4423

possibly also the traits of an entrepreneur (?sp)

That is an questionable. All the successfull buisness people I have met were pretty strong on people skills and can do the people pleaser bit. Wish I had more of it myself. I would say they are more the traits of someone who is competant.

Edited by jellybean

HOLA4424
HOLA4425