House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
undersupply

Bratislava

I would recommend Liberia, Gabon, or maybe Somalia if you prefer the East coast.

Possibly Uganda if you prefer lakes.

Africa, mate that's where it's at.

Get in there early before Kirstie starts ramping the prices.

(ps, take an AK47, a few thousand rounds of ammo, and plentiful food and water supplies. Make a will before you go.)

I would recommend Liberia, Gabon, or maybe Somalia if you prefer the East coast.

Possibly Uganda if you prefer lakes.

Africa, mate that's where it's at.

Get in there early before Kirstie starts ramping the prices.

(ps, take an AK47, a few thousand rounds of ammo, and plentiful food and water supplies. Make a will before you go.)

HMMM, thanks 4 the tips, but I only go where Ryanair and Easyjet do.

I'm all about the EU, and 40 minutes from Vienna sounds more civilised than a lot of UK chav hotspots.

My big concern is whether to buy before the Slovak crown goes into the euro or after 2007?2008.

Do I take the currency hit from devaluation to be in before the sheeple and will that be offset by the fall in interest rates from over 6 % to 2%?

Yields look good at 8-10%.

AHH, the paralysis of analysis

:rolleyes:B)B)B)

hi, im buying a 2 bed apt in the east of bratislava, perfect for car manufacturers, universities and also when the rising poulation of 20 somethings want to settle down but still need to rent, medium term, its a better option than city centre, or so ive been led to believe. i have been told to avoid high end of market, no real demand, business sector only stay 3-9 months max. koreans rent for 2-3 year terms but prefer the outskirts because most bring families with them. its tempting to buy in the best district, downtown, but supply and demand are important for future, hope this helps. :rolleyes:

hi, im buying a 2 bed apt in the east of bratislava, perfect for car manufacturers, universities and also when the rising poulation of 20 somethings want to settle down but still need to rent, medium term, its a better option than city centre, or so ive been led to believe. i have been told to avoid high end of market, no real demand, business sector only stay 3-9 months max. koreans rent for 2-3 year terms but prefer the outskirts because most bring families with them. its tempting to buy in the best district, downtown, but supply and demand are important for future, hope this helps. :rolleyes:

You guys, honestly!!

Aren't you exporting our filthy speculative habits to other countries - the end result of which will be that they end up in the same rotten mess we're in. Well thanks a lot guys, you're really helping.

I hope you get burned and learn a painful lesson. Stay away unless you're going to live there yourself and contribute something.

Agreed.

Although by all comments from guys over there the property market is massively overinflated and rather stagnant. Additionally protections for landlords are minimalistic to say the least, and people don't have the disposable to pay their rents... so they just don't.

Steer clear.

One of the better European plays.

Ignore the negheads, do your homework and get on with it.

Some Brits have this superior attitude that manifests itself as negativity towards these once prosperous (pre communism) areas.

As Mr Buffett says, the time to get interested is when no one else is.

I find a good starting point is to talk with professional well run letting agencies. In the long run they are the key, especially as you wont be present.

One issue Ive found is once you own the place all those oh so helpful EA'S and Lawyers abandon you, so you end up having to regularly deal direct with all sorts of state departments and utility companies. As I say an expensive professional letting agent will really solve such issues.

One of the better European plays.

Ignore the negheads, do your homework and get on with it.

Some Brits have this superior attitude that manifests itself as negativity towards these once prosperous (pre communism) areas.

As Mr Buffett says, the time to get interested is when no one else is.

I find a good starting point is to talk with professional well run letting agencies. In the long run they are the key, especially as you wont be present.

One issue Ive found is once you own the place all those oh so helpful EA'S and Lawyers abandon you, so you end up having to regularly deal direct with all sorts of state departments and utility companies. As I say an expensive professional letting agent will really solve such issues.

Dogbox...can I ask why you are considering Bratislava? In your eyes, what are the attractions?