House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bandylegs

How Do You Find Out...

Is there an easy way to find out how long a property has been on the market for and at what price it was origionally offered at? Obviously you could ask the agent but are there alternatives?

Sorry if this is a lazy way to find out but I need a quick answer if there is one...

I've found a way that works really well, but it doesn't cover all agents.

I use the 'find a property' function on upmystreet.co.uk - you type in your postcode and no. of bedrooms, price range etc.

you then get returned a list which has a date underneath each property. I have found this to be the date the property was added to the upmystreet search, and so it's generally accurate to within a few days from when it went on the market with the agent.

I keep a separate watchlist of properties so just try to make sure I pop the date into that so I don't lose track.

Note that this date is always the date added - so if there is a price drop you can't tell when that happened - you just have to be keen-eyed and notice when that was (and if you're a nerd like me, note it in your watchlist :D )

Some agents don't seem to have their properties showing up on upmystreet but I'd estimate around 70% in my search area do.

I'd have said ask the neighbours...

Have seen 3 properties today within a few meters of each other for let and a house we'd seen for sale for well over a year and half is now also for let.

I assume some have given up with the idea of selling.