House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DEMO

Rightmove Report Deflation

No conclusions anybody? Maybe I am not speaking the right language?

Try this.

This can only be a sign of a HOUSE PRICE CRASH because the regional data is no longer reported which means that the majority of regions have gone YEAR ON YEAR NEGATIVE but the VESTED INTEREST SPIN merchants would rather that we did not see this for ourselves.

How was that?

Try this.

This can only be a sign of a HOUSE PRICE CRASH because the regional data is no longer reported which means that the majority of regions have gone YEAR ON YEAR NEGATIVE but the VESTED INTEREST SPIN merchants would rather that we did not see this for ourselves.

How was that?

Would love to believe that but they have still published the regional graph showing YOY increases/decreases as before - its just that they have not set out the detailed commentary.

I think their statistics are flawed - its a lot of people further up the ladder trying to sell near the top before next year (weighting the asking prices upwards IMO). People are starting to think things are changing. Mirrors the Q3 1989 stats from Nationwide and Halifax where there were actual upturns in real regional prices before the trend continued...

Alternatively, all the estate agents could be so busy that they did not have time to provide enough ancillary data this month!

Edited by Tempest

Alternatively, all the estate agents could be so busy that they did not have time to provide enough ancillary data this month!

Nobody looked busy in the 4 or 5 EAs' windows that I looked in today! I must have caught them all during a break. Could not spot any Kit Kats though! :huh:

Try this.

How was that?

There are very strange thing happened to listings data on rightmove.

They have been taking out the 40 mile radius search for days at a time on an on and off basis, and then their listing levels have been jumping all over the place (at least on the listings information I collect) - this usually happens just after one of the outage periods for the 40 mile search. Somewhere between the 28th Sep and 1st Oct the listings on the search I do gained 46%. Somewhere between the 12th and the 16th Oct they miraculously lost 47% of the listings in the search I do - but I couldn't tell you what days in either case because both times they had disabled the 40 mile search for days during the same time. I don't trust rightmove at all.

Edited by Elizabeth

Don't forget.. house price asking prices have risen according to Rightmove..

The same people who said that offers below asking prices were being accepted..

at about 7% below..

Take £100,000 add four percent

£104,000

now take 7% of the asking price.

£96,720

thats a drop.. confirmed by rightmove..

Next story please..

YES . Glad someone else mentioned it .

No London borough analysis and major town analysis .

Strange wording in the report as well .

Bit suspect me thinks .

Not trying to defend Rightmove, but this months sample wasn't half the size.

The recent sample sizes were

October 05 sample of 109,996

September 05 sample of 135,299

August 05 sample of 118,819

July 05 sample of 124,848

I certainly dont think their analysis reflects the mood in the market at the moment, but the 'low sample conspiricy' is a bit of a red herring.