House Price Crash Forum

One Show: Perils Of Being A Landlord

HOLA441

On the One Show. Small scale cannabis farms, often no more than a room. BTL landlord in Lancaster interviewed. "Ideal" tenant paid cash up front, provided references and promptly wrecked the house turning the whole house in a cannabis farm!

However a lot of "farms" are much smaller, no more than a room, or a wardrobe sized unit. Value about £1000 a plant (I think)

I just wondered if there was any anything else you could grow, that was legal and justified the investment in the hydroponics, fuel power and light etc..?

One more problem for BTL landlords though! :lol:

HOLA442
HOLA443

On the One Show. Small scale cannabis farms, often no more than a room. BTL landlord in Lancaster interviewed. "Ideal" tenant paid cash up front, provided references and promptly wrecked the house turning the whole house in a cannabis farm!

However a lot of "farms" are much smaller, no more than a room, or a wardrobe sized unit. Value about £1000 a plant (I think)

I just wondered if there was any anything else you could grow, that was legal and justified the investment in the hydroponics, fuel power and light etc..?

Suspect the power meters are bypassed more often than not.

The wiring at the one I saw recently looked very professional.

The street stank as they emptied it out.

Vented into the chimny stack has stopped the neighbours sussing

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

Its the only growth industry this country has

We are almost self sufficient compared to 15 years ago when the vast majority was imported

There is a small industry appearing on the legal side of it ,in the supply of the hardware need to set up these farms but the main problem for the law is the one man band just growing in there spare room

HOLA447
HOLA448

There is a small industry appearing on the legal side of it ,in the supply of the hardware need to set up these farms but the main problem for the law is the one man band just growing in there spare room

Yes some farms look like nothing more than a silver foil wardrobe.With a 400 watt HID lamp I would think.

The funny thing about the report was the landord provided crappy single bed suspended from the ceiling! :lol:

Edited by "Steed"

HOLA449

Its the only growth industry this country has

We are almost self sufficient compared to 15 years ago when the vast majority was imported

hehe 'growth industry' .

Daft thing is, it's now more expensive than ever. A tenner a gram instead of twenty an eighth as it always was. Is this greedy fools giving drug dealers a bad name, or is it the EU and its metrification rubbish? :rolleyes:

HOLA4410

removed

Edited by Seasonally Employed Youth

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413