House Price Crash Forum

When Is A 4-Bed Not A 4-Bed

HOLA441

Searching on Rightmove today and found this property.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-37250954.html

Is obviously a three bed but being marketed as a four bed..... They are suggesting that the dining room could be used as a fourth bedroom but that's how you access the conservatory so how does that work?

Is this a new way of justifiying prices - marketing properties with as many bedrooms as you have rooms that aren't the kitchen/bathroom?

This is a blatent ruse to justify asking a higher price than a three bed would command!

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

As long as you can fit a bed in, it's a bedroom.

If you can't, you shall try to see if it can fit a baby's bed in. If it does, you are entilted to advertise it as a "children bedroom".

I have seen people advertising boiler rooms as bedrooms.

I just don't understand that why can't properties being advertised in sq foot or sq meter in this country. OH, yea, because that would make it a honest business. We don't want that, do we?

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

It's when it's the garage with just a closed garage door that really gets my blood pressure up.

WEll, I got two tier beds in the children room, another bed and sofa bed in the other room, master bed in the master bedroom and another sofa bed in the lounge and I have space for another master bed (which is in the loft). that makes my propertieh 7 BED one. Do we count the master beds as 1.5 or 2? I should be quids in...going back to reality....

HOLA449
HOLA4410

Thanks for the warning. From now on I shall disregard the number of bedrooms option on any house search as irrelevent and useless information. I've already forfeit price and description as pretty much useless. Thus is the deepening bear market's character.

HOLA4411

You mean like this one?

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-36339659.html

3 bed is now the price of a 5 bed as they use both lounge and dining room as bedrooms :rolleyes:

I realise that I short-changed myself when I sold my last house - I should have marketed it as a 7 bed not a 4... and perhaps I could have added a few more bedrooms if I had suggested a hypothetical loft conversion and extension. And, thinking about it, I should have included the garden shed as a bedroom in line with what some landlords are doing.

HOLA4412

Searching on Rightmove today and found this property.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-37250954.html

Is obviously a three bed but being marketed as a four bed..... They are suggesting that the dining room could be used as a fourth bedroom but that's how you access the conservatory so how does that work?

Is this a new way of justifiying prices - marketing properties with as many bedrooms as you have rooms that aren't the kitchen/bathroom?

This is a blatent ruse to justify asking a higher price than a three bed would command!

I think the "3/4 bedrooms" makes that OK. It's a choice, you could stick a bed in if you wanted.

There was a much worse one on here where it was two beds in the same room with no dividing wall and it said "bedroom 2 incorporating bedroom 3"

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415