House Price Crash Forum

Auction | Barnard Marcus | 153 Lots | All Uk

Lot 145 ( Guide Price: £125,000 Plus ) From: Barnard Marcus Auction 11:00 AM, Tuesday 13 March 2012

Type: Detached

Vendor: AMG

Address: 31 Allington Drive, Great Coates, Grimsby, South Humberside, DN37 9FF

Catalogue: Auction Catalogue Link

The description from the Barnard Marcus website is: Freehold Detached House Two Floor 6 Room(s) Vacant © Barnard Marcus Auctions

Map: Google Maps Link

Last Sold Price: £96,950 on 12 July 2002

Auction Result: Unsold ( Highest Bid was: £120,000 )

Today's auction price would result in a Profit of £23,050 ( 23.8% ) since purchase on 12 July 2002.

( Not taking into account Stamp Duty, Legal Fees and any Estate Agency fees )

M21er

Any inaccuracies, errors or suggestions, please PM me - To see this result on your Twitter feed: Follow @M21er

View this auction Live

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lot 146 ( Guide Price: £65,000 ) From: Barnard Marcus Auction 11:00 AM, Tuesday 13 March 2012

Type: Terraced

Vendor: Mortgagees

Address: 17 Canal Side West, Newport, Brough, North Humberside, HU15 2RN

The description from the Barnard Marcus website is: Freehold Terrace House Two Floor Four Room(s) Garden Vacant © Barnard Marcus Auctions

Last Sold Price: No data found for this property - Click here to search

Auction Result: Unsold ( Highest Bid was: £63,000 )

It is not possible to calculate the profit / loss upon sale as Last Sale Price is unknown.

M21er

Any inaccuracies, errors or suggestions, please PM me - To see this result on your Twitter feed: Follow @M21er

View this auction Live

Lot 147 ( Guide Price: £5,000 Plus ) From: Barnard Marcus Auction 11:00 AM, Tuesday 13 March 2012

Type: Flat

Address: 102 Wellington Walk, Washington, Tyne and Wear, NE37 3EP

The description from the Barnard Marcus website is: Leasehold Purpose Built Self-contained Flat Two Room(s) Vacant © Barnard Marcus Auctions

Last Sold Price: £31,000 on 18 December 2006

Auction Result: Sold for £18,000

Today's auction price results in a Loss of £13,000 ( 41.9% ) since purchase on 18 December 2006.

M21er

View this auction Live

Lot 148 ( Guide Price: £25,000 ) From: Barnard Marcus Auction 11:00 AM, Tuesday 13 March 2012

Type: Flat

Address: 109 East Main Street, Darvel, Ayrshire, KA17 0JQ

The description from the Barnard Marcus website is: Terrace Cottage Two Floor 5 Room(s) Vacant © Barnard Marcus Auctions

Auction Result: Sold for £24,500

It is not possible to calculate the profit / loss upon sale as Last Sale Price is unknown.

M21er

View this auction Live

Lot 149 ( Guide Price: £24,000 ) From: Barnard Marcus Auction 11:00 AM, Tuesday 13 March 2012

Address: 1/2, 20 Muirend Street, Kilbirnie, Ayrshire, KA25 7DQ

The description from the Barnard Marcus website is: Freehold 1st Floor Self-contained Flat Three Room(s) Communal Gardens Vacant © Barnard Marcus Auctions

Auction Result: Unsold ( Highest Bid was: £20,000 )

M21er

View this auction Live

Lot 150 ( Guide Price: £65,000 ) From: Barnard Marcus Auction 11:00 AM, Tuesday 13 March 2012

Type: Semi Detached

Address: 14 Campbell Court, Stirling, Stirlingshire, FK7 9EG

The description from the Barnard Marcus website is: Semi-detached House Two Floor Four Room(s) Garden Vacant © Barnard Marcus Auctions

Auction Result: Unsold ( Highest Bid was: £61,000 )

M21er

View this auction Live

Lot 151 ( Guide Price: £25,000 ) From: Barnard Marcus Auction 11:00 AM, Tuesday 13 March 2012

Type: Terraced

Vendor: Asset Managers

Address: 92 Harrington Road, Workington, Cumbria, CA14 2UF

The description from the Barnard Marcus website is: Freehold Terrace House Three Floor 6 Room(s) Garden Vacant © Barnard Marcus Auctions

Auction Result: Sold Prior

M21er

View this auction Live

hard work?....its a net bot!

good stuff all the same.

Hard work to write it in the first place such that it all links up and doesn't post piles of meaningless rubbish all over the place I would suggest...

Interesting to see - basically London is another universe but places even reasonably close in the so called 'commutable' south east reasonably negative from peak by all appearances...

Hard work to write it in the first place such that it all links up and doesn't post piles of meaningless rubbish all over the place I would suggest...

Interesting to see - basically London is another universe but places even reasonably close in the so called 'commutable' south east reasonably negative from peak by all appearances...

It was, he was testing for days on off topic.

JUST want to say what a fantastic job you have done all day on this M21er

i am sure everyone else thinks the same,

Fantastic job!

The one property nearish me didn't sell and highest bid was around two thirds of the price similar houses are for on rughtmove.

Many thanks for all your hard work. It was as good as being in the room.

Thanks for the positive comments. The work on the day is all done automatically ( Excel / VBA if anyone's interested ) - the hard ( but satisfying! ) work is done in the developing of the coding and the collection of the data - I just need to improve my MousePrice code to match a greater % of properties as I think the usefulness of the LiveAuctions is in the Last Sale comparisons.

M21er

Edit: Clarity

Edited by M21er

Last similar on that road sold for £250,000 in 2009

here

Guide price £145k, my ****!

My brother lives on this road. It's right next to St Georges hospital which is now considered prime real estate in rental terms. Used to be one of the cheapest places for starter homes due to small sizes, especially the ones leading off Pevensey Road which are approximately cat swinging size. Three bed freehold opposite my brother in dump condition went for circa £289k about a month ago.

I think Mrs Bear knows this area well.

Lot 66 ( Guide Price: £75,000 ) From: Barnard Marcus Auction 11:00 AM, Tuesday 13 March 2012

Type: Semi Detached

Address: 34A Langford Road, Weston-super-Mare, Avon, BS23 3PQ

The description from the Barnard Marcus website is: Leasehold Ground / 1st Floor Flat Three Room(s) Yards Vacant © Barnard Marcus Auctions

Last Sold Price: £140,000 on 7 December 2007

Auction Result: Unsold ( Highest Bid was: £65,000 )

Today's auction price would result in a Loss of £75,000 ( 53.6% ) since purchase on 7 December 2007.

Bad Debt: The mortgagee's shortfall that would result from today's auction price is £54,000 ( Based on an 85% advance of the original purchase price of £140,000 )

( Excludes any arrears of interest, Costs of Repossession, Debt Management etc )

M21er

View this auction Live

So this one is being sold by the bank, the outstanding mortgage is £119,000 and the highest bid was £65,000. Is that right? Nice to know that the bank is in no hurry.

Just to clarify - the Bad Debt calculations are just my calculation based on an assumed 85% mortgage for the original purchase price.

I only include a Bad Debt calculation where the vendor has been identified as a mortgagee or an asset management company etc and there is a last known sale price.

Eg If a property was originally bought for £100k ( Mortgage assumed of £85k ) and subsequently sells for £80k, I would calculate the Bad Debt as £5k.

It isn't a 'correct' calculation but is just to identify some of the likely losses being incurred by the banks ( ie Us! )

M21er

Thanks for posting, I'll try and follow the next one you do. I sort of follow the auctions round my bit of the North West, but missed this as it's nationwide coverage. Lot 110, the land and derelict house on the way into Altrincham is one I've walked past quite often in the last few months and pondered. I hadn't spotted it was going to auction and would have guessed a much higher price than the 250k reserve, would have been great to see that actually go to auction and the final price. Will be interesting to see if it gets a single mansion, or a small development of 5 or 6 houses on it.

Thanks for posting, I'll try and follow the next one you do. I sort of follow the auctions round my bit of the North West, but missed this as it's nationwide coverage. Lot 110, the land and derelict house on the way into Altrincham is one I've walked past quite often in the last few months and pondered. I hadn't spotted it was going to auction and would have guessed a much higher price than the 250k reserve, would have been great to see that actually go to auction and the final price. Will be interesting to see if it gets a single mansion, or a small development of 5 or 6 houses on it.

Thanks for the anecdotal. I'm hoping to cover the MustBeSold.com auction tomorrow ( Friday ) at 1pm - Four properties in NW ( Bolton, Blackburn nothing in South Manchester though )