House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Nick_wacker

Disruptive Technologies

ok so I'm doing a little bit of bidding against somebody else on a house, (Secondhand house saleperson has put this in writing so I'm fairly inclined to believe I'm not bidding against myself) and the values we're at I consider it still to be a bargin, but I think to myself what if property bee had a contact button for the righmove page for the house and essentially you could contact the other interested party.

You both stand to save a fair bit,if somehow you could come to an agreement while not pumping up the price, but my thought is how the hell do you come to an agreement on this kind of thing?

Flipping a coin?

ok so I'm doing a little bit of bidding against somebody else on a house, (Secondhand house saleperson has put this in writing so I'm fairly inclined to believe I'm not bidding against myself) and the values we're at I consider it still to be a bargin, but I think to myself what if property bee had a contact button for the righmove page for the house and essentially you could contact the other interested party.

You both stand to save a fair bit,if somehow you could come to an agreement while not pumping up the price, but my thought is how the hell do you come to an agreement on this kind of thing?

Flipping a coin?

Not sure that's particularly productive.Now leapfrogging the solicitors and talking directly to the seller is another matter ...

Buggrit, you're not bidding against me, are you? I'm pretty sure there's a genuine other bidder, and sufficiently in bargain territory that I'd go up if I thought a small increment would secure it rather than just push the other bidder to pay more. I'd love to contact the other party, even just toss a coin ("who's going to bow out gracefully?") rather than risk a bidding war in the dark.

Nice repossessed mid-terrace stone cottage in secluded location. Long rather nice south-facing garden going down the hill. Secluded location with no road access - and price no doubt held down by lack of parking.

Re your question, I can't see them doing it. Information is too valuable to give it to the sucker whose money you want. I mean, let buyers collude and you open a can of worms: for example, you end up undermining surveyors by letting them share survey information. And it would have to be done carefully or you'd end up on the wrong end of data protection laws.

but it would be no different than me contacting you on this site, so I 'don't see how it would contradict data protection. ( I'm bidding on a 3 bed semi).

We're already on first name terms with the sellers, on our second viewing the EA did not even turn up ! , so we spent a good two hours there having a chat, so contacting the sellers seems fairly easy in my mind, its just the other interested parties... and then what you would do once you are introduced.