House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ONLYBONE

Time To Try And Tip The Balance

Dear Channel 4 News,

Firstly, let me congratulate you on the best news programme by far on the TV and indeed on most nights the best show full stop. However, after watching your show tonight I was dismayed at the reporting of the latest RICS surveyor report 'verbatim' which was very biased and one sided, you reported it largely as factual, when the main thrust of the report was opinion on likely future house price rises. I am sure the RICS press release contained mountains of spin, but it really is the job of responsible journalists to critically question what lands on their desk, especially when it comes from a source which has a vested interest. No doubt you are aware there are vast numbers of younger people in the UK that have been priced out of the property market due to speculative buying which in part has been fuelled by the often poorly researched media coverage. The reality is, the housing market is at a cross roads for many reasons which are too numerous to list here, however, the weight of evidence is beginning to point to a structural weakness at the bottom of the housing pyramid. A debate on the issues surrounding the housing crisis for the young and the huge accumulation of housing wealth by the baby boomer generation would make a great feature for your evening news programme.

Thank you for taking the time to read this email and your comments would be appreciated.

Yours sincerely

Robin Bone

Good email ONLYBONE, but I fear you are wasting your breath.

I'm sure C4 are well aware of the bias, and are quite happy to go along with it, though i'm not quite sure what their VI is.

Try posting anything slightly controversial, or a link to a bearish website such as this, on their chat forums and it will be deleted instantly.

well i thought it was too wordy, too detailed and too wide in range of observations.

you need to be more catchy and to the point. i want C4 to eat sleep and sh1t hpc and balanced reporting.

you have to market your email. make it different to the rest. anyone can pen a rambling email.

how many can make that email punch the reader in the jaw, then rifle his pockets for a wallet for drug money ?

try red as a font colour or try a bolder typeface such as courier. add words such as kill. money and your dead. provoke a response - no DEMAND a response. send many, many emails. spam their attention.

if all that fails you have to turn up at the C4 office and press your beef with the receptionist.

dont forget to wear your dna safe gortex rapist balaclava and surgical gloves.

Edited by right_freds_dead

Guest The Dude

Good email ONLYBONE, but I fear you are wasting your breath.

I'm sure C4 are well aware of the bias, and are quite happy to go along with it, though i'm not quite sure what their VI is.

Try posting anything slightly controversial, or a link to a bearish website such as this, on their chat forums and it will be deleted instantly.

No he isn't wasting his breath.......OnlyBone..keep going man...FatB...stop being so negative.....I gain strength from OnlyBone's actions...inspirational......Remember a lot can be gained from the posting of 1 letter..

Edited by The Dude